• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain Cook’s off hours?

Commander Cody

I have a bad feeling about this.
My previous trips I was able to access Captain Cooks outside posted hours. Menu was VERY limited, but what I loved is you could get drinks at refillable mugs station. Is that no longer allowed? If so, I will miss my late night (or early morning) coke! Thanks.

I would love to know this as well. Last time we were there, Captain Cook’s was 24 hours

I’ve been searching the boards trying to find out if you can access captain cooks after 11p for mug refills but I haven’t found any info. Does captain cooks really not open for 24 hours? 7a-11p? The menu is looking a bit limited as well.

Not liking the post covid changes. QS hours change, Chef Mickey’s buffet, trail’s end buffet………. I understand that maybe there’s staffing issues but 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you're really desperate for that late/early Coke, take the walkway over to the GF.

Gaspy's aka Gasparilla Island Grill is open 24/7.

I’ve been searching the boards trying to find out if you can access captain cooks after 11p for mug refills but I haven’t found any info. Does captain cooks really not open for 24 hours? 7a-11p? The menu is looking a bit limited as well.

Not liking the post covid changes. QS hours change, Chef Mickey’s buffet, trail’s end buffet………. I understand that maybe there’s staffing issues but 🤷🏻‍♀️

That is correct, it is not open past 11 and you can't access refills.

I’m so over most quick service opening at 7am . Not nice to the rope droppers . Precovid they were open at 6:00 or 6:30 I thought. They can at least open the coffee and drink stations like in the good old days ! It’s making it not worth the mug anymore. And no blue Powerade in free style machines is upsetting too !

Yeah, I was going to get the mugs until I realized how late it opens. I only want them to be able to get coffee around 6am. I don't need it to be open 24 hours, but the opening time doesn't seem in line with rope drop.

I guess we could walk over to grand Floridian, but that's a long walk (I think?) for something I usually do quickly while waiting for the kids to wake up and get ready.

I’m so over most quick service opening at 7am . Not nice to the rope droppers . Precovid they were open at 6:00 or 6:30 I thought. They can at least open the coffee and drink stations like in the good old days ! It’s making it not worth the mug anymore. And no blue Powerade in free style machines is upsetting too !
One great benefit the All-Star Resorts have is that their Food Court Beverage Islands are accessible 24/7.

Really makes the Mug purchase beneficial.

Love getting a real early Mug of coffee or 2 and watch the Resort "wake up".

Good times.

I guess we could walk over to grand Floridian, but that's a long walk (I think?) for something I usually do quickly while waiting for the kids to wake up and get ready.
Not that long. Nicely paved path. You could get to the GF in about 15 minutes and head across the central courtyard to Gaspy's outdoor entrance. It's very easy access since you needn't walk through the main GF building.

You'd be caffeinated and heading for the MK in less than 20 minutes, next stop on the monorail, about another 15 minutes walk on the gorgeous new GF-MK walkway. That's if you've family who all can walk briskly. Otherwise, making do with the in-room machine is likely advisable.

Not that long. Nicely paved path. You could get to the GF in about 15 minutes and head across the central courtyard to Gaspy's outdoor entrance. It's very easy access since you needn't walk through the main GF building.

You'd be caffeinated and heading for the MK in less than 20 minutes, next stop on the monorail, about another 15 minutes walk on the gorgeous new GF-MK walkway. That's if you've family who all can walk briskly. Otherwise, making do with the in-room machine is likely advisable.
We can all walk briskly but... I really just think it's ridiculous that as much as we pay to stay at the Polynesian they can't offer anything other than the lousy in room coffee early in the morning. I just want a cup of decent coffee as we're getting ready.

I'm just sulking though. I know realistically this is not a huge problem and we'll make it work. I just love my coffee. Maybe'll I'll pack my aeropress.

Kona Island opens at 6:30. That’s only 30 minutes later than Gaspys. Granted Kona Island can’t refill mugs, but it’s a morning option for the Poly folks looking for coffee. FWIW.

Kona Island opens at 6:30. That’s only 30 minutes later than Gaspys. Granted Kona Island can’t refill mugs, but it’s a morning option for the Poly folks looking for coffee. FWIW.
I think this is likely what we'l do. Hopefully it's not packed with bleary eyed people demanding coffee:D

I think this is likely what we'l do. Hopefully it's not packed with bleary eyed people demanding coffee:D

My husband had some early tee times and he said it was eerily empty when he left the Poly in the AM. I think he even left before Kona Island opened one time. ETA: I'm pretty sure the other 2 mornings he grabbed coffee from Kona Island before he went to the Palm/Magnolia.

I feel everyone's pain. Staying at Poly in 9 Days and I need to walk blurry eyed and messy hair to the FC for coffee in my mug. It's a DISNEY RITUAL. Then, I go back and get myself and family ready. I guess the walk to GF will have to do at 6am.

I feel everyone's pain. Staying at Poly in 9 Days and I need to walk blurry eyed and messy hair to the FC for coffee in my mug. It's a DISNEY RITUAL. Then, I go back and get myself and family ready. I guess the walk to GF will have to do at 6am.
yep. this is totally me. I think we can manage 6:30 and go to Kona island though, I like the coffee there better anyway.

but... I don't think we'd leave the poly over this, it's so much more our speed than the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter