Would you eat at Cape May?

• Yes

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

lnh'smom

DIS Veteran
10-12 years ago, Cape May used to be a favorite of ours. Then we had a few visits where we felt it had gone downhill so we stopped eating there. We haven't been there in about 5 years. Wondering if we should give it another shot....Anyone been there recently with any thoughts or opinions, good or bad? TIA!

Are you talking about breakfast or dinner? I have never eaten there for breakfast. I love love love their dinner. In fact, it's the one restaurant that we are doing again on our upcoming trip. I think my daughter ate her weight in crab legs on our last trip.

Only done breakfast but it was great if you're looking for characters. It's nice to just stroll over to epcot after breakfast. I would definitely do it again.

I had dinner in January at Cape May. I enjoyed the food. I was very hungry though, so that my have shaded my opinion.

We used to enjoy the character breakfast with our girls 10 years ago; but have had long waits to be seated for both breakfast and dinner the last 3 times we tried to eat here. In 2010, we booked Flying Fish while waiting in the lobby and left without eating there. In 2014, it must have been an hour past our reserved time we waited to get into the Clam Bake. We were not that impressed with the food or atmosphere. I guess without the characters, the ambiance is lacking imo. In 2015, after waiting an absurd amount of time for our breakfast reservation, my husband went up to tell them we were leaving and the host at the podium tried to say they had been calling out our name (though we were very close to the the podium); and the pager went off in the middle of him saying this. The experience doesn't outweigh the hassle so it's off our list now. Too bad too because the most memorable Goofy experience we ever had was there. It was so special to our family that I guess we kept making reservations and forgetting the parts we didn't like.

We ate dinner there last summer. It was OK, but I didn't understand the high ratings. The service wasn't terrible, but we had better everywhere else we ate that week. The food was decent enough I suppose.

Overall, I'd just say it was average-ish. Others seem to really enjoy it, and maybe you will as well.

10-12 years ago, Cape May used to be a favorite of ours. Then we had a few visits where we felt it had gone downhill so we stopped eating there. We haven't been there in about 5 years. Wondering if we should give it another shot....Anyone been there recently with any thoughts or opinions, good or bad? TIA!
Been twice in the the last few years.....both were very good....food and service. And if crab legs are ya thing....!!!!

We are one of those who do not like dinner there and won't return. We went a couple of years ago as a family of five, three seafood lovers and two who do not eat seafood. The two who do not eat seafood didn't find anything they liked that was good and we turned off by the strong seafood smell. They ended up leaving early and going over to Crew's Cup lounge to get something to eat. The seafood lovers (including me) were really underwhelmed by the quality of the seafood. The crab legs were the best thing about it but they were on the small side and a lot of them were cold. Frankly, the food quality reminded me of what you might see at a local buffet chain like Golden Corral. And the decor was really underwhelming. Worst meal we've had at a Disney restaurant and no desire to return. All that said, it tends to get good reviews here and on Trip Advisor so maybe we caught it on a bad night.

I do but I pretty much go for the crab legs. I eat tons and tons of them.

We just ate there on May 10th for dinner. We have eaten there in the past and always liked it. We are all seafood lovers. This trip we all agreed it was our FAVORITE by far. Desserts were especially fantastic. I thought there were lots of choices for non seafood lovers but if the smell bothers you then there is no way around that. We do not go for the crabs legs (just not our thing) but really enjoyed the peel and eat shrimp, clams, mussels, very lightly breaded fried shrimp, cornbread, salads, cheese board. We went on Paella and fried clam night. Yum.

Last edited:
We just ate there on May 10th for dinner. We have eaten there in the past and always liked it. We are all seafood lovers. This trip we all agreed it was our FAVORITE by far. Desserts were especially fantastic. I thought there were lots of choices for non seafood lovers but if the smell bothers you then there is no way around that. We do not go for the crabs legs (just not our thing) but really enjoyed the peel and eat shrimp, clams, mussels, very lightly breaded fried clams, cornbread, salads, cheese board. We went on Paella and fried clam night. Yum.
Are the peel and eat shrimp deveined? I don't recall seeing those when we were there, but non-deveined shrimp are not my favorite.

Are the peel and eat shrimp deveined? I don't recall seeing those when we were there, but non-deveined shrimp are not my favorite.

As a matter of fact they were. I believe they were with the cold salads and were fairly large maybe 16-20 per lb size if I had to guess.

The lightly breaded fried shrimp were smaller but still good with a very thin almost Tempura like batter.

Cape May food quality can be hit or miss, and crowds/long buffet lines can make it annoying. However, our last meal there (dinner) was so good that we're going again this November. When it's "on," it's one of my favorite restaurants!

If you are not on the Dining Plan and crab legs are what you are looking for, try the Garden Grove in the Swan on Friday or Saturday night.

I ate at both Cape May and the Garden Grove during the same week last October, and GG's crab legs were far better quality, bigger, meatier and easier to get out of the shell.

You will also be served a half stuffed lobster. AAA gets 20% off the price and you'll get characters too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter