Cape May vs Paddlefish

Cash1228

Earning My Ears
My sister and I are going to Disney in September. Her first trip. i love many kinds of seafood and am an adventurous eater. She loves shrimp but not a fan of other shellfish and is a picky eater. Currently I have booked Paddlefish. Considering switching to Cape May and freeing up a table service credit for lunch or brunch that same day, our non park day. We have the regular dining plan and if we keep paddlefish will use a quick service for lunch.

Anyone who’s been to both, which is your favorite and why?

I have not been to both, however if your sister is picky Cape May is probably a better option because it is a buffet with several non-seafood options and lots of variety. They will have shrimp for her as well as a chicken and/or beef option and lots of other seafood too. However, it is still a buffet and not a signature dining experience. Paddlefish does still have non-seafood options so I suggest looking at menus and reviews and choosing based on what you'd rather eat.

I'd skip Cape May. Just not very good. About the same quality as Golden Corral. That said, Cape May does have a fair bit of choice, and from what I've read (but not experienced) Paddlefish isn't worth two credits on the dining plan. Boathouse might be a better option than either, and California Grill brunch is definitely a better option if you want to use two dining plan credits. California Grill brunch is the best meal on property.

Two very different dining experience. Cape May is a decent buffet with lots of choice and the quality is about what you would expect from a buffet. Never eaten at Paddlefish as it is very expensive and gets very meh reviews.

I would use the QS credit for lunch and go to Paddlefish. If you can get a seat upstairs it is a lovely view. I have eaten there and enjoyed it. You can search and find a current menu.

Stay with Paddlefish:).
We had an enjoyable early dinner there and had the joy of watching the sun setting over the lake. It was a pretty simple meal yet all the food was cooked to order with no steamer table taste or temperatures. I recommend the seafood boil and am looking forward to trying the lobster guacamole; looked delicious at the table nearby. Wasn't enthused about the lobster corn dogs. The mussel dishes we tried were on target.

I haven't eaten at Cape May but toured during service. Since I'm not a fan of buffet food it's no longer under consideration for us. I will say I didn't note as others have a strong smell of fish from the eatery when we walked within or in the hallways leading up to the place. Perhaps the ventilation system has been upgraded.

Never been to Paddlefish, but we love Cape May and have always had a good meal there.

My sister and I are going to Disney in September. Her first trip. i love many kinds of seafood and am an adventurous eater. She loves shrimp but not a fan of other shellfish and is a picky eater. Currently I have booked Paddlefish. Considering switching to Cape May and freeing up a table service credit for lunch or brunch that same day, our non park day. We have the regular dining plan and if we keep paddlefish will use a quick service for lunch.

Anyone who’s been to both, which is your favorite and why?

I would experience Cape May at least once. It's a must-do for us every trip, and trust me, as a pp said, it has absolutely nothing in common with a Golden Corral! 😏

There are numerous selections that are non-seafood that your sister could select from, and the service has always been great when we were there.
Paddlefish, on the other hand, would have limited selections for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter