• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May or 1900 Park Fare: Thanksgiving???

DisneyGirl4188

<font color=purple>Mike's Princess<br><font color=
I need help deciding. This is just for DH and I.

Should we go to Cape May Cafe or 1900 Park Fare for Thanksgiving dinner? If we go to Cape May the meal will be at 3:30pm, but if we go to 1900 Park Fare it isn't until 8:15pm.

Both meals sound good (never been to either restaurant). I will be doing a few other character meals this trip, so it's not a big deal if I don't get to see them for this meal. I'm not thrilled with eating so late, but I *might* be able to catch the EWP.

Please help.

We at at 1900 three years ago on Thanksgiving and I will never do it again! We had a 7:15 PM PS and at 9:30Pm we were seated. We had five kids and 4 adults that were starving!!!

:guilty:

I've never done either for thanksgiving (have done both at other times, though). for me the time would be a kicker...as the pp posted out, there could be a long delay, so even though the adr is for 8:15, you might not get seated until long after that.

the 3:30 sounds great to me. could even have a nice stroll around epcot or the boardwalk afterwards.

good luck deciding!

Personally, I would still choose 1900 Park Fare. Though I've never done Thanksgiving there, we eat there every trip & LOVE the GF. Since it's just you & your husband you could wait in the beautiful lobby on the plushy sofas & have drinks while listening to the live music. We've waited 45 minutes with kids & luckily they love the GF too & had no problem waiting. (Don't know how they'd be waiting 2 hours). However, if they tell you the wait will be long, you could stroll the beautiful grounds - very romantic! They give you a beeper telling you when your table is ready. Or you could visit the shops. IMHO it's a much more festive & elegant environment. Plus we've always had excellent food. But also, I don't mind an 8:15 dinner. I'm sure you'll have a lovely holiday whichever one you choose. ENJOY!

Jessica :wave:

Since you are 2 adults..I think I would actually pick CMC.
First of all 1900 PF is going to be mobbed with families, CMC might have them too, but it isn't a Character Meal for dinner.
Second,I know 3:30 is on the early side, but I would just have a late breakfast and skip lunch. I am not 100% sure, but I think CMC does the turkey along with their usual stations...so you have plenty of options. Plus by being mid after noon I doubt you ADR will be pushed back much, plus you both can have a nice walk around the lake after dinner.

What ever you decide-I hope you have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter