Cape May dinner?

moparop

DIS Veteran
What do you think? Is it worth going to? Anyone taken younger kids? (mine are 8,7,&3) Did they enjoy it?

We love Cape May and return every trip.

My kids are 11 & 15 now but we have been going since they were young.

We feel that the food is fresh and good. It is a nice break from the park food and it is a relaxing atmosphere.

I hope you go and try it.

:thumbsup2

I am trying to decide between Cape May and Portobello. Has anyone eaten at both to make a comparison?

We just went 3 weeks ago. my kids are 5 & 8 everyone loved it.
My 8year old said they had the best mac and cheese

We had Cape May dinner last week. My husband is a big seafood lover so he was in heaven. The rest of the family had salad and whatever we could find and then dessert. I loved what I had and the husband was happy.

Going for the first time in January!
REad very good things about it!

We went on 9/20 with our 2 kids (11 and 9) and they loved it. Even my daughter who has gluten allergies liked it. She was able to eat a lot of what was on the buffet. My son loved the crab legs!!!

Cape May is one of our favorites and we eat there every trip. We love the atmosphere and the buffet is great with alot of variety :goodvibes.

We always eat at Cape May. The dinner buffet is delicious with plenty of variety. If is our favorite meal of the trip.

As for the Cape May - vs - Portobello notion, that's kind of an apples-to-oranges type thing, can't really fault either but they are totally different experiences.

My nephews love Cape May, and are currently 8 and 5; they've been going since they were 5 and 2. The 8-yr-old considers this his favorite WDW restaurant (he LOVES cracking crab legs and will eat his weight in them when we go); his younger brother likes it for the shrimp, mostly - neither of these boys is particularly fond of chicken nuggets or mac and cheese, so they really enjoy the breaks they get when we eat at places where they can get better choices.

Anyone taken younger kids? (mine are 8,7,&3) Did they enjoy it?

Used to take my DD there each and every trip for dinner when she was under 8 and she loved it. We are seafood lovers and are always on the lookout for good spots. Around age 9, she discovered bluezoo, and it has been hard to pry her (and me) away from there when we need a seafood fix. But if she asked, I would go back to Cape May without hesitation, despite my overall disinterest (and sometimes distain) for buffets.

I love Cape May. Just made a reservation for my Birthday Dinner!!! Love the salad bar, clam chowder, shrimp cocktail, snow crab legs and steamed clams!!! For the non-seafood lovers in your family, there is plenty to choose from: ribs, chicken, beef! I also love the mac and cheese off the kids buffet. (what can I say, I'm a kid at heart)

More Cape May fans here! DH is not a seafood eater (other than clams and the occasional piece of fish) and he really enjoys it! The food quality is very good. We've been well over 20 times and can't recall ever having a poor experience there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter