• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May Character Meals?

We did the breakfast on Friday, 4/6. It was me, DD17, my sister, her DH, and their two kids -- boy 9 (it was his true blue birthday) and girl 7 (her birthday was in January, but we were celebrating both birthdays).

The characters were Goofy, Donald, and Minnie. We had a 10:50 ADR. The characters came by twice each. They were nicely spaced and had good interaction with the kids. The food was quite good. It is a buffet and has the usual breakfast foods -- scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, frittata, Mickey waffles, etc. The french toast bread pudding was tasty!

Our server, Caroline, was terrific. She kept our beverages full and was very attentive. She brought out birthday cupcakes for the kids when Goofy came around the second time. Our section of the restaurant sang happy birthday and it was very special. Caroline also gave the children cards that had the three characters' signatures and she also had Birthday buttons for them.

We've done most of the character meals at WDW and we were very happy with the Cape May Breakfast buffet.

We were there back in Aug 2008 and honestly it was one of our fave char meals. The characters really spent quality time at each table, and we saw most of the characters twice during our bkfst. We are planning on eating there again in Dec.

I feel like breakfast buffetts are not worth it for our family since we are not big breakfast eaters, but we really liked the Cape May Cafe character breakfast the one time we did it because of the atmosphere (very laidback) and the characters were great, we got a few good pictures with Minnie! Very nice place (I know this is not the question, but we really liked the dinner buffett too but it has no characters unfortunately).

Check out some reviews on another thread just posted:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2908034

We LOVE cape may. AWESOME food quality & selection. The place is so pretty, and its a lot quieter than most buffets. The characters are adorable in their beach wear. We love this place!

:thumbsup2

It is one of our favorite character breakfasts and is a must do each trip...we love everything about it. However, the only negative side of it is, if you are not staying at one of the Epcot resorts, then it could be kind of a hassle to get to so I would either recommend taking a taxi to get to BC or have an ADR time that coincides with DHS's park opening time, that way you can take the ferry from DHS back to BC/YC. Enjoy!! :goodvibes

We ate there with our 3 y/o GS in Feb. We enjoyed it. Food was OK and character interaction was very good. All the characters came by twice and did not seem to be in any hurry. In fact, Goofy and Donald both sat with us for awhile looking over my grandson's plate, playing with him. We had one of the first ADRs that morning just as they opened and the place was almost empty.

It's my favorite breakfast on property , always had great service , the character's always spend a lot of time at the tables the way you imagine a character breakfast should be , they actually usually get to you twice , they joke around with the tables , it's always great .

the restaurant itself is very bright and sunny , love the beach club atmosphere!

The food is delish , loved the baked french toast and frittatta , love the asparagus , the citrus wedges , it's all yum !

I had breakfast there a couple of years ago and I didn't like it. I had a huge issue with the service, and the food was just eh. However I love dinner there, but no characters for that one.

We love Cape May Breakfast Buffet! The food is very good with a big selection. The character interaction is great. It's a must do everytime for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter