Cant win even with organized planning!

I love everything Disney like everyone here on these boards. However just when you think you "did it"! You realize "you didn't". I sat at my lab top with my very well planned Disney dinning and must do reservations ready at 6am 180 days prior. I put in my first ADR for Crystal Palace in September for 8am with Magic Kingdom opening at 9 that day. I didn't get it! I got 8:35. After wiping the tears I weeks later put my name in for a cancellation request with Touring plans hoping to get that 8am time slot. I wanted a few minutes early entrance for that special magic alone on Main Street. Viola I received an alert via text from TP with an 8am opening and I reserved it! How excited I was for just a moment. When I then sat down to go over my plans and preparation for our Magic Kingdom FP schedule I saw in yellow the excitement of Disney offering early MK access to the park. Another "special" ticketed event. REALLY? I planned, I organized, I researched, I just wanted a moment of magic and quiet on Main Street like I had our last visit in 2014. I give up. Its madness with magic.

It would be Early Morning Magic. It won't impact you at all.

The change in park opening procedures might though. They have started using Main Street as the holding area prior to park open instead of out by the turnstiles.

Yes I was going to say - everyone gets on Main Street at 8 for a 9am opening at MK. Unless they let you in 10 minutes earlier for your ADR, you will be there with a few friends! :)

I love everything Disney like everyone here on these boards. However just when you think you "did it"! You realize "you didn't". I sat at my lab top with my very well planned Disney dinning and must do reservations ready at 6am 180 days prior. I put in my first ADR for Crystal Palace in September for 8am with Magic Kingdom opening at 9 that day. I didn't get it! I got 8:35. After wiping the tears I weeks later put my name in for a cancellation request with Touring plans hoping to get that 8am time slot. I wanted a few minutes early entrance for that special magic alone on Main Street. Viola I received an alert via text from TP with an 8am opening and I reserved it! How excited I was for just a moment. When I then sat down to go over my plans and preparation for our Magic Kingdom FP schedule I saw in yellow the excitement of Disney offering early MK access to the park. Another "special" ticketed event. REALLY? I planned, I organized, I researched, I just wanted a moment of magic and quiet on Main Street like I had our last visit in 2014. I give up. Its madness with magic.
An 8am Crystal Palace breakfast ressie won't give you a head start on touring anymore. Now that the Welcome Show is at the castle rather than outside the park, MK will have lots of people in it well before 9am, anyway. Early Morning Magic is a ticketed event that lets a few hundred people ride 3 different rides before park opening, but a few hundred people is nothing to worry about in terms of WDW crowds. There will be many times more people than that at the hub in MK before park opening due to the relocated morning show now, anyway.

Last edited:

I am told I can be let in around 745 which was my goal and thats exciting but now with the early access more Disney folks will be there too! Two steps forward one step back.

REALLY? I planned, I organized, I researched, I just wanted a moment of magic and quiet on Main Street like I had our last visit in 2014. I give up. Its madness with magic.

Magic and quiet on Main St? Not anymore!

It's nothing to give up over, you just have to do like the rest of us and adapt to it. With the new security screening and RD show, CP 8am ressie's aren't what they used to be.

Magic and quiet on Main St? Not anymore!

It's nothing to give up over, you just have to do like the rest of us and adapt to it. With the new security screening and RD show, CP 8am ressie's aren't what they used to be.
Is there anyone out there whi still thinks its worth the early ADR?

I hear you. I had everything organized. Had a 2pm bog adr and was going to do the parade after. Well the parade changed to 2pm.....

Well, was the ADR to actually enjoy the character meal? Or just a ploy to get in early?

If you're going for the character meal, then yes.

If it was for the early entry? then no.
Both! Early entrance was my first priority then the characters followed by nust looked beautiful. Frustrating. Dissapointed for all the ADR ressies like the person going to BOG then "3" oclock parade. "Stop it" please no more changes through 2017!

Both! Early entrance was my first priority then the characters followed by nust looked beautiful. Frustrating. Dissapointed for all the ADR ressies like the person going to BOG then "3" oclock parade. "Stop it" please no more changes through 2017!

Ah, but that's one thing we CAN count on Disney for... to CHANGE!

I've said before, here and elsewhere, there is no "good" time for Disney to announce a change as it will always have an impact on someone.

I guess I'd caution you to also keep in mind that in Sept. there's MNSSHP, so make sure you're keeping that in mind as well.

Ah, but that's one thing we CAN count on Disney for... to CHANGE!

I've said before, here and elsewhere, there is no "good" time for Disney to announce a change as it will always have an impact on someone.

I guess I'd caution you to also keep in mind that in Sept. there's MNSSHP, so make sure you're keeping that in mind as well.
Thank you! That I planned and also evening emh with slexial ticketed event.

Thank you! That I planned and also evening emh with slexial ticketed event.

My honest advice with this topic is this:

Learn to go with the flow.

I'm not saying there are people here that aren't, but there's a lot of people who get dreams crushed just from planning.

Have a plan. Get what you can get. Keep looking for the original wants, but after some time, start to come to grips with the fact that YOU are the one that will make the vacation what it is. Not having this ADR or that FP won't ruin the trip, and if it does, you might need to step back and take a look at things.

I make a few ADR's and have my FP's booked. Other than that, we go with the flow. That, to me, is where the magic happens. People who race from ride to ride or ADR to ADR miss the little things that are the Disney magic. Also, when the weather is crazy and changing constantly, it's nice to have the flexibility to change plans.

Again, I'm not calling out anyone in the thread, this is just overall that I see this a lot.

My honest advice with this topic is this:

Learn to go with the flow.

I'm not saying there are people here that aren't, but there's a lot of people who get dreams crushed just from planning.

Have a plan. Get what you can get. Keep looking for the original wants, but after some time, start to come to grips with the fact that YOU are the one that will make the vacation what it is. Not having this ADR or that FP won't ruin the trip, and if it does, you might need to step back and take a look at things.

I make a few ADR's and have my FP's booked. Other than that, we go with the flow. That, to me, is where the magic happens. People who race from ride to ride or ADR to ADR miss the little things that are the Disney magic. Also, when the weather is crazy and changing constantly, it's nice to have the flexibility to change plans.

Again, I'm not calling out anyone in the thread, this is just overall that I see this a lot.
I agree. Although my personality is type A I do plan our vacation with everyday pool breaks, evenings relaxing at our resort and prepared for flexibility weather, cranky tired moods and just like you said.. Moments to stop and enjoy surroundings.

We went a couple of weeks ago. We had 8:15 @ BOG. Park opened at 9:00.
We were there around 7:00...and most of the early ADR people were front in line (not a single line...but no one was in front of us).
As soon as they allowed us in, we power walked to get a picture in front of the castle with no one behind us. There were tons of photographers and people started stopping at them. We kept going to the last 2 photographers and got a perfect picture!!!

Our last visit was 4 years ago and we did ADR @ Crystal Palace for the same reason you want. It's not possible anymore with the changes to the opening show but, it is still possible to get a great picture.

I agree. Although my personality is type A I do plan our vacation with everyday pool breaks, evenings relaxing at our resort and prepared for flexibility weather, cranky tired moods and just like you said.. Moments to stop and enjoy surroundings.

See, I live for evenings in the parks. Something about the parks as it's getting dark that just makes the day. If I'm only on vacation for so long, and I'm paying as much as we do to get in, I'm gonna go and enjoy myself, lol.

We went a couple of weeks ago. We had 8:15 @ BOG. Park opened at 9:00.
We were there around 7:00...and most of the early ADR people were front in line (not a single line...but no one was in front of us).
As soon as they allowed us in, we power walked to get a picture in front of the castle with no one behind us. There were tons of photographers and people started stopping at them. We kept going to the last 2 photographers and got a perfect picture!!!

Our last visit was 4 years ago and we did ADR @ Crystal Palace for the same reason you want. It's not possible anymore with the changes to the opening show but, it is still possible to get a great picture.

If you're willing, obviously, to race down Main St. to the last 2 photographers...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter