Can't stop spending!

alc571

DIS Veteran
And I'm not talking about the big expenses (air, hotel, etc.) - I'm talking about all the other stuff draining my bank account - the new "shoes for Disney," the "new purse for Disney", the "new pajamas, bathing suits, etc." All the extra "stuff I need for my trip"...lol

DH thinks I'm crazy. Anyone else aboard the spending train??

And I'm not talking about the big expenses (air, hotel, etc.) - I'm talking about all the other stuff draining my bank account - the new "shoes for Disney," the "new purse for Disney", the "new pajamas, bathing suits, etc." All the extra "stuff I need for my trip"...lol

DH thinks I'm crazy. Anyone else aboard the spending train??

Lets see new shoes, clothing, luggage for kids, things to do in the car, new dvd player, ummmm it keeps adding up!!!! LOL I am right there with you!!!

O and we bought a new van too......so I think I have over done it:confused3:confused3

Wow! You have me beat with the new vehicle! lol I've been saving like a mad person up until 3-4 months ago, so it's nice to buy things, but I think this train is out of control!

I always spend a lot getting ready for the trip. We always get new clothes to wear. Wouldn't want to be wearing the same outfits as last year in the photos, lol. My DH is okay with it to a certain point. Last year he bought DVD players for the car ride so the kids would be entertained so he can't say much. Right after our last trip I started shopping sales for next years trip. I just buy up a size for the kids and it works out okay and I'm not spending alot right before the trip if I'm buying a little here and there along the way. DH and I wait to buy ours because of weight gain or loss.

OMG I know!!!! "The kids need all Disney jammies to wear there and since it's winter here when we go, they need the next size up in short jammies" "I need a Disney tote bag to use there...oh, and a new shirt or three" "I need a new..." "We have to have..." It never ends!

KristiKat said:
We always get new clothes to wear. Wouldn't want to be wearing the same outfits as last year in the photos, lol.

LOL! Glad I am not alone in this thinking! :)

I am totally suffering from the "gotta get it for Disney" syndrome. On my way to Target in just a bit...hoping to stick to my list but not sure that will happen:worried:

Jennifer

Oh yeah, I'm out of control already. DH thinks I've lost it...especially since it seems like I work all the angles so hard to get every plausible discount or deal.... then I spend that + on clothings, supplies & accessories to get us ready to go.

I've been hitting clearance sales for 2 weeks & plan on hitting our local Disney store this weekend along with the outlets. I've only just begun! :rotfl:

I think my DH was convinced I had gone completely mad when I spent $15 on a blank, empty, 5x8" binder to store my Disney Planning materials! lol.. I use these boards as my source for all that I need. I just showed him the pics of others' binders and he understood my insanity..lol

You can check out Etsy. It has neat stuff on it. I'm in Canada, so we have the Disney Store online and that's it. We are renting a car, so we plan on stopping at the WalMart near WDW on our way to buy snacks/water, etc and some cheap Disney souvenirs.

I've been to the mall several time for trip necessities:
New Crocs for everyone. We LOVE our Crocs in the parks. I hate having sweaty cramped up feet in socks and sneakers.
New crossbody Dooney & Bourke bag to for my park bag.
2 new sets of luggage for our family. They were an awesome deal at TJ Maxx and our old ones were starting to fall apart.
Portable dvd player for kids to watch movies on the plane. Don't forget the accessories, need 2 sets of earphones and the carrying case.
Snacks (one suitcase will hold snacks for the room and at the parks) We fly Southwest and each get to check 2 bags so we have plenty of room for stuff.
A small notebook for trip notes to write a TR when I get back. Not just a regular one, it has to be cute for Disney.
T-Shirts for everyone bought at the Disney Store - on sale 2 for $20 beats WDW prices. I bought several for each person to wear throughout the trip.
Lots of Disney themed Walmart, Target, and Dollar Store trinkets the kids will be surprised with each morning. If they get something new each morning they'll (hopefully) beg for fewer souvenirs.
I have to take my own shampoo/conditioner with me. I have long hair that tangles easily.
Oh my...the shopping list I have for toiletries is crazy.
New laundry bags to put our dirty laundry in.
I have a very long list of things I "need" for the trip.
A new camera - got one with 20x zoom so I could zoom in on shows/parades/whatever from a distance. Need good pictures!

I too find my spending out of control as my trip gets closer. And The Dis isn't helping! ;). I had to buy some Keen sandals to wear on the trip because The Dis told me to. I had to buy a hanging shoe organizer and a popup hamper because The Dis told me to. I had to buy waterproof mascara because The Dis told me to. I had to buy a Bagallini because The Dis told me to. I had to buy a costume to wear to MNSSHP because the Dis told me to. I had to buy some body glide because...well you get the picture...:earboy2:

ZombieDoofus said:
I too find my spending out of control as my trip gets closer. And The Dis isn't helping! ;). I had to buy some Keen sandals to wear on the trip because The Dis told me to. I had to buy a hanging shoe organizer and a popup hamper because The Dis told me to. I had to buy waterproof mascara because The Dis told me to. I had to buy a Bagallini because The Dis told me to. I had to buy a costume to wear to MNSSHP because the Dis told me to. I had to buy some body glide because...well you get the picture...:earboy2:

OMG, you are too funny! I've done the same thing though. I bought things I never thought of because it was mentioned on The Dis! Like the shoe organizer, M&M containers for pennies, etc.

I can't stop and I still have 9 months before we're going! I'm buying all the items for the "bags" like ponchos, halloween is a great time to buy all the glow in the dark light up toys for night time in the parks, water bottles that fold up in a pocket when they are empty, toys and treats for "disney surprise baskets" to "magically" appear on the kids beds the 1st day we arrive at our resort...you name it I'm finding SOMETHING every where I go I can add to my giant 60 gallon tote in my closet....I even started buying gift cards for disney and restraunts near our resort for dinners and such....my DH doesn't know i've even started spending for these items but when it comes time for him to actually start thinking about it he will be happy to know its already ALL fully paid for..so I guess he won't be mad when he finds out ...I hope :bitelip:

booked our trip for next September yet, and I'm already planning (actually I bought the fabric already) to make a new park bag for me to use. I made one last year when we went and it worked great and I got a lot of compliments, but I wanted one that was a bit larger. I've gotten some great ideas on how to "accessorize" it from the Dis!

I also buy new clothes for the trip - everything from pjs to new shoes. I'm really going to have to check out the Keens for next time. Oh and I need a new suitcase too....

I'm so glad I'm not really the only mom out there who is planning, buying, making, and creating all for family Disney vacation!
I have gotten several ideas from dis that I'm so thankful for-- like waterproof mascara. Never even gave that a thought.
Here us what I have been spending on!
We are going oct 13 - oct 23, we bought tickets for mickeys not so scary Halloween party I have adorable, smallish, Halloween fabric treat bags for our girls to use for trick or treating at the candy spots thru the night. I had the bags made, and then embellished them myself with black ostrich feathers, Swarovski crystals, and different Halloween ribbon-- They are really cute and special cuz I made them. Etsy made autograph book, penny pressing tubes, and bag, vacation organizer binder filled with all our stuff we need -- airfare info, timeshare info, car rental, tickets for Disney, discovery cove, universal studios and sea world, character meals reservations info, pretty much everything we need is in that binder! Thanks dis for the super idea to get, and stay organized!
5 sets of tee shirts (thanks eBay and etsy) personalized disney totes to carry everything we need within Disney ( thanks etsy)
I too bought the girls new carry on bags and luggage tags,and hanging cosmetic organizers. I have my Disney Basket filled with misc items We may need like rain ponchos, Dramamine,gas x, band aids, chap stick, cold sore treatment, sunscreen, airborne, Tylenol, ect ect ) I have a copy of my list in my purse, that way I always have it with me at the store so i Can just pull it out and see what I still need to get.
But having everything done, bought, and paid BEFORE the trip, makes the trip even more fun!
We are going to discovery cove, and I've been wondering if water shoes are really needed? They take up so much room and I don't want to bring them if we don't really need them.... Any thoughts?

I haven't started packing yet, but soon!!!!!
So, I guess we're all normal for getting so darn crazy about this!

I have been spending like crazy too! It started with needing a bag for the park and buying a bunch of Vera Bradley stuff during the sale. Then it was little carry on size items... and it keeps going on and on. I want to be sure we have everything we need for Disney. :rotfl:

Swirlygirls: Are water shoes allowed at the water parks? I know sometimes you can't wear them at the local pools here - not sure about Florida.

Well, I'm not about water shoes. My husband and I went to Disney for our honeymoon. That was before kids, so we didn't bring them.
I don't think they are needed at blizzard beach typhoon lagoon, but I somewhere, someone had mentioned wearing them at Disovery Cove ( it's not a Disney resort, it's where you swim with dolphins, swim with all different kinds if tropical fish, sting rays, snorkel ect:)
I guess some of the underwater terrain could be rocky, and I'm concerned about little cuts on feet. Little cuts can turn into big sores! We're doing Discovery Cove our first day in Florida and with all the walking, I'd hate to have any issues.
Maybe I'll just call discovery cove and ask:)

I too wanna make sure we have everything we need. I'd rather have it and not need it, then the other way around. Most of it is not big, weighs very little, and doesn't take up much space.
My husband had a brilliant thought last night about laundry detergent. We are staying at timeshare and will have washer dryer, kitchen, ect. He suggested bringing tide pods. It's a good idea, I hadn't thought about. But, I'm going to throw some in a Tupperware container and stick in our luggage ( not carry on) much easier than powder, or boxes. I still like the Purex all in 1 sheets too.

Also, I'm thinking packing all make up, hairspray, mousse ect ect ect in luggage, not in carry on. Seems easier, and a lot less hassle. Any remarks???????
I'm going to out it all in those wonderful ziplock/ glad baggies.
One more thing: We are flying delta and are allowed to each have a carry on, and another bag/ purse. In my tote/ purse I wanna put smallish camera bag, iPad, maybe kids nooks and kindles, Disney binder,a few snacks in ziplock bags. Anybody fly delta who sees this as an issue?
I don't know why I'm so worried, there is 5 of us and can each have 1 carrying and and a purse or something similar. Not to mention our big suitcase we pay for.

Oh yes, we have spent ALOT on "stuff" for Disney also. My dining room is full of bags that I am trying to organize now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter