Can't Silvers select a PAT?

ahain

Thankful & Blessed
I must have missed this somewhere along the way....I just noticed this in the Castaway Club benefits:

Back when I was a Silver, I was always able to select a PAT when I did online check-in, (except when using Disney Transportation) but the above makes it sound like that is no longer available for Silvers? When did this change??

I read this section as saying that Gold Castaway members have earlier access to some of the Port Arrival times than other cruisers do. That makes sense, since Gold members are able to do online check-in a few weeks earlier than Silver members and first-time cruisers. It is possible that the earliest port arrival times will be booked up by Gold members and therefore unavailable by the time Silver members book.

I read this section as saying that Gold Castaway members have earlier access to some of the Port Arrival times than other cruisers do. That makes sense, since Gold members are able to do online check-in a few weeks earlier than Silver members and first-time cruisers. It is possible that the earliest port arrival times will be booked up by Gold members and therefore unavailable by the time Silver members book.

That would make sense IF Silver cruisers did their online check-in at the same time as first timers, but they don't. Silver check-in opens 15 days earlier, just like Gold and Platinum are also staggered 15 days apart.

Right. So Gold have priority over Silver, and Silver have priority over first-timers. My guess (strictly a guess) is that Disney Cruise doesn't want to advertise early access to port arrival times for Silver members because on some cruises with a lot of returnees, the earliest slots may be gone before Silver members can check in.

Maybe because Gold get first access to PAT - neither Concierge nor Platinum need PAT even though they do online check-in earlier. Silver (and newbies) also select PAT but only after Gold has their chance.

Enjoy your cruise!

Right. So Gold have priority over Silver, and Silver have priority over first-timers. My guess (strictly a guess) is that Disney Cruise doesn't want to advertise early access to port arrival times for Silver members because on some cruises with a lot of returnees, the earliest slots may be gone before Silver members can check in.

Except your original post makes it sound like you're saying Silver and first-timers check-in at the same time (your exact quote was "Gold members are able to do online check-in a few weeks earlier than Silver members and first-time cruisers.")

I know how the procedure works, you don't need to explain it to me. I'm most certainly just being a pedant over the phrasing of your post.

Just off the fantasy used Disney transportation to port. Did not have the option to select PAT. We were Silver group 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter