Can't decide whether to KILL my daughter or hug her

Jeafl

<font color=red>Has an emergency auto hammer & kno
My 13-yr. old daughter was trying to butter me up so to speak, by washing the hardwood floors while I was out yesterday. (She REALLY, REALLY wants $70 Adidas gym shoes...)

Anyway, she found a bottle of Orange Glo wood/furniture polish and dumped some of it into a bucket of water. The floors are quite shiny and look great, but they are so slippery that I have fallen twice already. It doesn't help that we all have our shoes off because of the mud and snow. Everytime I walk across them I slip and slide and almost kill myself! I tried rewashing them with vinegar and water but they are still slippery. Any suggestions?

No advice- but I also have a dd who is 13 and came home today to an OVERWHELMING smell of Orange Glo.

Hope your dd didn't do the stairs!:eek:

Looks like I'll stop buying that stuff. Just in case!

Give her the shoes! Hurry! Go shopping now! Before she decides to clean the toilet!

LOL Linda!

Mermaid, the stairs are all carpeted except the bottom one, which is wider and curves around the railing. She did polish that one stair and my youngest daughter fell on that this morning. I know she was just trying to help by cleaning, but we're all going to end up in traction!

A few years back DH wanted to clean the hardwood floors for our guest coming on Christmas Eve. He decided to use Pledge on the floors.........talk about slip, slidinng awayyyyyyy......... DD who was 3 at the time fell down the stairs.

He rewashed them with vinegear and water, several times but it was still slippery for quite some time.

Good luck.

I vote for hugs, every chance you get. Watch your step.

I vote for {{{HUGS}}} too. Be very careful for a few days until the slipperiness is gone :)

Have tried to see if they have a web site. I would try that and ask a question oon how to remove it from the floor. If not try finding some site on some kind of wax removing. Just thinking out loud and good luck.

ACK! Don't you just love it when the kiddles help? ;)

What about Murphy's Oil Soap? I've never used it on a wooden floor, but we use it on our wooden stair railing which gets quite oily from everyone's hands. It works great on that. Whatever you try, make sure you only do it on a small area in a corner first - just in case it makes it worse! ;)

Sounds like it's time to take off the socks as well as the shoes!

Deb

Hug her while you're standing on the wood floor. That way she can either keep you up or if you fall she goes down with you and breaks your fall:)

I say put on your socks and go "skating" on your floors! WO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diane

Awwwwwww! LOL! Poor kid! :p Poor you guys! :eek:

How about Dawn dish detergent or something like that that cuts grease? Or would that be too harsh on the finish? :)

You have a child who actually CLEANED something without prompting????? :eek:

HUG that girl, I have one that would never clean anything on her own and even WITH prompting still barely manages to get it done. :rolleyes:

In the meantime wear rubber soled shoes in the house! ;)

I say give her a big hug and go buy the family those slipper socks with the traction bumps on the bottom. I only wish I could get my two to do any cleaning.

LOL! Oh, that sounds like something my kids would do. {{{hug}}} her , then make her walk with you everywhere so you fall on her. lol

Michelle, trust me, the only reason she did it is because she wanted me to buy her the expensive shoes. Normally it's like pulling teeth to get her to clean anything!

Oh no! I think you've done the right thing by cleaning with vinegar. You'll probably just need to do it a few more times, and maybe use a little higher concentration of vinegar than normal.

Don't try Murphy's Oil Soap. It's just a slick. Our cleaning lady used it one time (even though we specifically said we clean the floors with vinegar) and I thought we'd never stop slipping.

You can always write on the bottoms of your socks with fabric paint. That will prevent some of the slipping. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter