Can't decide what clothes to take with me!

Fiona35

DIS Veteran
Am off to Disney next Sunday - yippee for a week but I can't actually decide what clothes to take with me!!:banana:

I keep reading trip reports that it seems to be quite warm so I'm leaning towards actually taking some shorts instead of all the Jeans I had planned to take!!

My Disney fleece will be going as when I leave the UK it will be 6am and a bit nippy I expect and the rain mac is going in case of any down pours!!

Has anyone who has come back recently noticed that the weather seems to be warmer over there than back here? I don't want to pack a load of jumpers and jeans to find its actually really hot and I'm melting!!:confused3

We're going 5 days after you on 21st- and all I was planing on taking was shorts!!! I figured if it rained it'd still be Hot!

Got our spf15 for us and spf50 for 4 year old- so i'm hoping to come back with empty bottles!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay:
Millmolly

I think you'll be melting Fiona - ditch the jeans, take your shorts :).

We were there 28th -31st July, and the weather was glorious, shorts and t-shirts all the way I didn't even wear a fleece in the evening! I checked out accuweather.com before I went and it was very accurate so have a look at that before you go. Have a great time :goodvibes

If the weather will be as it was last week on our trip, you WILL be melting indeed. For us, Paris was 4-5 C warmer than home (but we live in the Netherlands, so I don't know how it is for you - comparing via CNN.com or accuweather.com may help). You'll probably be "active" in the parks as well, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting cold - maybe bring just a light sweater for the evening fireworks or something. Oh, and the SPF is a good idea too (and after sun lotion!). Have fun! :cool2:

Think I need to buy some Sun cream!!!! I haven't planned to take any but will go and buy some!

I think I need to rapidly alter what clothes I take with me as the pile I have is more for autumn rather than summer!!

Maybe wear my jeans for travelling purposes and then wear shorts/cullottes the rest of the time!!

Thanks for all your helpful hints. I've never been in summer so I don't really know how hot it gets!!:)

We went July 20th-24th and I travelled down in Jeans but took linen trousers and 3/4 lengths for the duration of the trip, along with vest tops and t shirts. I have the linen 'boy fit' slouch trousers from Next which you can roll up and button up as 3/4 length trousers or wear as normal trousers...multi functionable clothing!
We live in Germany and I have to say that for the whole of our trip it rained at 'home' but we had mostly beautiful weather in Paris except for a massive storm on the Wednesday night and Thursday it rained on and off all day. Even when it was raining it was still warm and muggy, plus, I find that raincoats tend to make you hot anyway.
We did take a jumper each but they all came home unworn. I suppose at the end of the day, it's not a 3rd world country, should you need something you can always buy it (albeit at vastly inflated prices in the parks!)

Suncream is most definitely a must do, and hats for little ones....my little boy had factor 50 on every day and still had a light tan when we came home. Saw some rather red people whilst we were there. Hubby and I were nicely tanned after only 5 days (one of which was raining!)

I'm going Thursday:dance3: and have checked the forecast. It is saying 28-29 degrees all weekend with a chance of rain Sunday afternoon.

I think that definatly sounds like shorts and suncream weather, which is good as last time we went in August I rained every day and I don't think we took our jumpers off once!:rotfl2:

We'll be there next Sunday too. I have been watching the weather and it has been a constant 4-6 degrees hotter than here. So it's looking like the jeans will be staying home and the suncream will be going for the trip. :cool1:
This time last year we DEFINITELY didn't need suncream although we didn't get cold, we certainly weren't overheating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter