can't decide - jiko or narcoossee's

watkinsme

I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)
It will be DH, me, ds(5) dd (4), and dd (11 months)

we are doing the deluxe plan.

We aren't going to the parks this day, so will be able to do an early dinner.

We originally thought about doing Jiko, but now can't decide between that and Narcoossee's

Which is better?

We did Jiko last year and it was marvelous. The food was wonderful and I thought the atmosphere very nice - not too stuffy. Of course I'm a big AKL fan but my vote is for Jiko.

Wow - these are both great choices and there really isn't any wrong answer. I guess with the little ones along I'd go for Narcoossee's because of a little more relaxed atmosphere and the ability to watch Wishes (if you time it right) from the restaurant.

Wow - these are both great choices and there really isn't any wrong answer. I guess with the little ones along I'd go for Narcoossee's because of a little more relaxed atmosphere and the ability to watch Wishes (if you time it right) from the restaurant.

the night we'd be going they are doing mnsshp, so I'm unsure what time they'd do fireworks...

Food is better at Jiko. View and atmosphere is better at Narcoosees. Tough choice.

the night we'd be going they are doing mnsshp, so I'm unsure what time they'd do fireworks...

Actually, there will be fireworks during mnsshp, which you'll be able to watch from outside the park.

Unless fireworks viewing is an absolute must, Jiko would be my choice. It's just a better restaurant.

If they keep the same fireworks as last year, there are a lot of perimeter fireworks so the view from Narcoossee's would be awesome!

My gf and I ate there this past Sunday night and had a table by the window. They play the audio and dim the lights. It was great!

Oh, and the food was pretty darn good, too. On par with Jiko, imo.

Ours too. Another thing for us, AKL is just so far away and requires so much time to get to and from (if you aren't staying at AKL).

Were staying at POFQ...time really isn't an issue because it's our non-park day...just swimming, maybe hit DTD or putt putt...lol

now I'm leaning towards Narcoossee...lol...

We have dined at both, and we like Narcoossee's better. Narcoossee's is actually our favorite restaurant at Disney. I know Jiko gets a lot of raves, but it was just so so for us. I ordered the filet, and was a little disappointed with it. I think it was because most people love it and maybe I had higher expectations for it. I also think Narcoossee's is a better atmosphere for the kids. My DS14 loves it, and we have been taking him since he was small.

We couldn't decide either - so this May we plan to do both. We like the food at Jiko much more - plus watching the animals on the savannah after dinner is a special treat for my family. However, Narcoossee's atmosphere is wonderful.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!

For me the decision is easy, I think Narcoossee's not only has the better location and atmosphere, but the food is better as well. This is only my personal opinion based on my own personal experience.

I have only eaten at Jiko and I have to say that the food is out of this world.

I had the
Braised Beet Salad - with smoked bacon, goat cheese, shallot marmalade and sherry vinaigrette $11.00
Roasted Lamb Loin- with herbed couscous, sun-dried cherries and red curry sauce $34.00
Allspice-Flavored Cake with Seasonal Berries - Allspice-flavored cake soaked in raspberry honey with seasonal berries and honey sabayon $8.99

and my boyfriend had
Taste of Africa - Trio of Dips with Assorted Breads and House-made Naan $9.00
Grilled Swordfish - with Crisp Mealie Pap, asparagus and tomato-pancetta vinaigrette $36.00
Pistachio Creme Brulee - With a chocolate-layered bottom $8.99

I used DDP and we had to use 2 points to eat here. Well worth it either way if I could I would have eaten at this resturant every day!!!!!

For me the decision is easy, I think Narcoossee's not only has the better location and atmosphere, but the food is better as well. This is only my personal opinion based on my own personal experience.

Right there with ya...totally agree, Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant on property! Just love it, the food is great, laid back atmosphere and fireworks (Wishes) off the deck! :cloud9: Plus my kids love the Electrical Water Pagent, too! (By the way, I believe Hallowishes are at 9:30pm during MNSSHP, at least they have been for the last few years. I know they pipe in the regular Wishes music, not sure about Hallowishes though.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter