Can't decide between resorts (studio)

Zarapipe

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 (me, DH, 4yo and 9yo) will be doing 3 nights at WDW in April 2019. We are looking at AK, SS, OKW or BWV for our trip. We stayed at Poly last time and loved the location and space but would like to spend less $$ this time.

I'm having a hard time deciding which studio to book (all are available for our dates). We will probably drive to the parks or take a minnie van. We are not fans of the bus system.

OKW is attractive because of the two queen beds and the updated rooms but I'm not really being drawn any specific way.

We will probably spend our time at MK and one other park TBD.

Any ideas for helping to narrow down our decision?

You've got lots of great choices. For transportation, BWV has a significant advantage since you can walk to Epcot and even HS if you choose to go there. SSR and OKW can be pretty spread out, and have multiple bus stops, but you indicated you would be avoiding buses. We like that both SSR and OKW have boat service to DS, which is fun. Like you said, the rooms at OKW would be preferable for us over SSR too. AK would be nice, because it tends to be a good point value and seeing the animals is amazing, even if you don't get a Savannah view room. The downside there is transportation, where you only have buses to parks, even AK. Since you'd be driving anyway this might not be an issue for you, but your transit time to MK won't be great. If the animals will excite the kids I'd go that way though, otherwise I'd go with one of the others. My order of preference would be BWV, AK, OKW, SSR, but the conditions I mentioned above could make any of them the preferred choice.

Since BWV is the most difficult to book, start with that one. Next trips it'll be easier to get one of the others.

BWV studios would give each child a bed (like Poly as there is the Murphy bed in BWV studios plus the pull out couch)

The OKW queen beds were pretty high off the ground (I’d feel uncomfortable with a 4 yo)

AKV is an amazing resort when you plan to spend time at the resort. If you expect to see animals outside your room while glancing outside before rushing out to the parks .. that usually won’t happen.

I've stayed at BWV and will be staying at AKL in a few weeks. Each has their merits. OKW, IMO, is great if you want to kick back and relax. The resort just excudes relaxation to me. A bonus is Olivia's. Food and service is great. SSR and OKW are close to DS if you plan to spend some time there.

BWV has a great theme but I think, for your party, if your kids like animals AKL is the one for you this trip. It is the furthest from the MK but if you plan to Uber/Minnie Van that is less of an issue.

If you're planning time at the resort I'd go with AKL. It's a fun one to explore. BWV is great if you like spending time at both Epcot and DHS. You can very easily get to both of them and hop between.

I haven't stayed at the other 2 so can't comment.

Bwv is personally my favorite but if you have a car and value size of room over location, then okw!

Your kids are a perfect age for Kidani's water play area. My recommendation is AK or OKW if you are planning on some rest and relaxation. BWV if the focus in on the parks.

I say BWV also. We own there and love It! Our daughter LOVED going down the slides at Luna pool. That couldve kept her busy all day on any given day. She loved the pool area. Also sooo convenient being able to walk or take boat to 2 parks! Definite plus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter