Can't access favorite website

onthego103

Mouseketeer
I posted this on the Comminity Board, but my post is no longer on the first page and I didn't get any responses. Since the website I am referring to is a coupon/bargain website, I will try posting this on the Budget Board as well!

I am hoping someone here is more computer savvy than I am! For the past week or so, I have been unable to access one of my favorite websites. Initially, I got an error message indicating that the site couldn't be accessed. Now I just get a blank screen. I know there isn't a problem with the website because I can access it at work.
I cleared my cache through Internet Explorer. Any other suggestions? I appreciate any help offered. Thanks, Nancy

I don't know if this might have something to do with it, but the security/privacy setting could be affecting it. If you go to 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' and check the Privacy settings. It may be set too high for whatever website you are trying to access. This is the only thing I can think of. I hope it works or that someone else has a better idea! Sending you some pixie dust... :wizard:

It doesn't seem to be the privacy settings or the pop-up blocker. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

This is the error message I get:

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone had this happen??

I had that happen to me I had to clear my cookies. Before you do though remember if you have any site's that are auto sign in, you will need to re enter your passwords to the individual sites. Hope it helps

I tried clearing my cookies. Now when I try accessing the site, I get all random characters - gobbledy gook! Anyone else?

Is the site cominig up for others??? Maybe it no longer is there or they changed the url.

what's the site?? I can try it from my computer if you want and see what it says to me...

The site is coming up for others because I can access it from work. The first site it happened with is dealagogo.com, and it just started happening with dictionary.com today. Not good! I appreciate everyone's suggestions, though.

I am NO expert...but I've had this happen to me on one of my favorite recipe sites. I typed it in on Google and was able to access it by clicking on their link. It doesn't really fix it, but maybe you can at least get to it at home that way.
Good luck!
Katy :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter