Cannot Hold Reservation: “We're working on it, this page is temporarily unavailable”

cwis

DIS Veteran
Hello,

We've been trying to hold a Disney Cruise Line reservation, however, after the final checkout page, we have an error page that says “We're working on it, this page is temporarily unavailable”.

Is this because we already have a hold in our acount? (We've noticed we could get a better deal by paying in EUR instead of USD.) I haven't been able to find anything related to DCL forbidding a guest from holding more than one stateroom at a time, so I'm not sure this would be the cause. Or, is there some site-wide failures at the moment, preventing staterooms from being put on hold?

My travel agent mentioned that last month DCL changed their rules and you can no longer hold two separate reservations for the same cruise date. I had a room on hold that I had seen late at night and when she went to reserve it the next morning after she got my message DCL said they no longer allow it. I had to cancel mine first before she could book it.

My travel agent mentioned that last month DCL changed their rules and you can no longer hold two separate reservations for the same cruise date. I had a room on hold that I had seen late at night and when she went to reserve it the next morning after she got my message DCL said they no longer allow it. I had to cancel mine first before she could book it.

Thanks, that would definitely make sense.

By any chance, do you remember how you canceled your first stateroom? I can't seem to find any “Cancel” button on their web site.

Thank you so much for your feedback @dclpluto. Our hold was about to expire (plus, I'm not a phone person) so I let it go, and I was eventually able to make a hold on the same room on the currency we wanted.

(I am sure you already knew this would work, I am replying to my own question just in case someone else finds this topic in the future!)

Thanks, that would definitely make sense.

By any chance, do you remember how you canceled your first stateroom? I can't seem to find any “Cancel” button on their web site.

Wish I had read this thread before I started playing around on the website this morning! Oops.

Hello,

We've been trying to hold a Disney Cruise Line reservation, however, after the final checkout page, we have an error page that says “We're working on it, this page is temporarily unavailable”.

Is this because we already have a hold in our acount? (We've noticed we could get a better deal by paying in EUR instead of USD.) I haven't been able to find anything related to DCL forbidding a guest from holding more than one stateroom at a time, so I'm not sure this would be the cause. Or, is there some site-wide failures at the moment, preventing staterooms from being put on hold?
My TA told me that DCL recently put software in place that prevents a cruiser from having 2 holds/separate reservations on the same cruise. You might be able to get around it if you remove 1 passenger's name (i.e. DH) from your first reservation. Then create a separate login for that person (DH) and try to place the second hold using their login.

My TA told me that DCL recently put software in place that prevents a cruiser from having 2 holds/separate reservations on the same cruise. You might be able to get around it if you remove 1 passenger's name (i.e. DH) from your first reservation. Then create a separate login for that person (DH) and try to place the second hold using their login.
Or maybe you can call DCL and explain that you want to use Euros instead...maybe they can help you

I have heard the same. And it seems fair for new releases so that folks aren't tying up rooms that someone else is wanting to book. Wonder if they make any exceptions (if you call rather than book online), for large families/parties that need more than 1 stateroom? :scratchin

I know! Isn't that WEIRD! I had put a cruise on hold a few months ago and wanted to release it the next day and could not for the life of me find a way to do it online. I had to call. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter