Candy Cane Inn Question for Benolathe or anyone else who has recently been there....

kapeppy

Mouseketeer
Benolathe, I see you are back from your trip. I was just wondering how you (or anyone else who has been there lately) liked the Candy Cane Inn. We are fast approaching the deadline to make any changes to our reservations and I am just wondering if Candy Cane Inn was a good choice. How close was it to the parks? Did you walk or take the shuttle? Was the pool nice? Sorry to bombard you but I am a compulsive planner and want everything to be perfect. Thanks again for the help! :D

ºOº Peace, Love & Mickey ºOº

1980 Offsite
1990 Offsite
1997 Offsite
Jan 2000 CBR/Wonder
Nov 2000 CBR
Feb 2001 7 day Magic Cruise
May 2001 Disneyland
November 2001 Offsite

I stayed there in Jan.2001 and then again 2 weeks ago. We always like it-good breakfast, great shuttle service, but we walked about half the time. The shuttle or walkway takes you right to both park openings, as well as Downtown Disney. We discovered on this trip that the comforters on the beds are feather comforters, in case anyone is allergic. It has nice landscaping and I had no complaints and never do there.

The Candy Cane Inn is great. The rooms have a nice atmosphere and style and are comfortable. The pool is small but good enough for a quick dip. The breakfast has alot of choices and was good. It has very pretty grounds. We walk usually in the morning and then shuttle to and from during the day ( unless we just missed it ).
Everyone we have rocommended this hotel too has liked it.

The Candy Cane Inn is great. The rooms have a nice atmosphere and style and are comfortable. The pool is small but good enough for a quick dip. The breakfast has alot of choices and was good. It has very pretty grounds. We walk usually in the morning and then shuttle to and from during the day ( unless we just missed it ).
Everyone we have recommended this hotel too has liked it.

Hi, I'm back but haven't visited the boards a lot since arriving home very early Sunday morning. Also, I'm feeling a bit guilty about not starting my trip report yet.

But...I will answer your question.

First of all, the Candy Cane Inn would not be my first choice for a future visit. It was a nice place, but the Park Inn is much closer and comparably priced. The entrance to DL, DCA, DD is directly across the street from the Park Inn. It is about a ten minute walk from the Candy Cane.

The Candy Cane bus is very nice and leaves the hotel every 30 minutes. The seats all have their backs to the windows and face inward which leaves a wider aisle than normal. All of the drivers were really nice and would search the people approaching the bus while at the DL drop-off for famaliar faces and would wait on you if necessary. Even though it was only a 10 minute walk, we normally rode the bus to and from the parks because our feet were so tired of walking all through the parks! It's also nice to have a bus dedicated to your hotel. Most of the other hotels use a group shuttle.

I spoke with another guest at the pool (our kids were swimming) and she said that she has stayed at the Park Inn before and it is a very nice, clean place. In fact, that was her first choice, but they were already booked when she was making reservations. No bus is needed for the Park Inn. It is also right next door to a McDonalds.

We also discussed the Castle Inn (which is about halfway between the Candy Cane and the DL entrance and she said that they have stayed there and it is a bit dirty. She would not recommend it.

I stopped off at the Park Inn and picked up a brochure and was told that their pool is heated and it is located on top of the fourth floor (rooftop). The Unofficial Guide lists the Park Inn as the best deal for lodging in the area.

My kids used the pool everyday. The deepest (center) part was 5 foot and the sides are 3 foot. So, the kids were able to "touch" the bottom. Also, there is a hot tub and a separate wading pool for toddlers.

The room was nice. We had a deluxe room which is a little larger than the regular room and had a small refrigerator. We visited a grocery store and got some pop & water to keep in the frig. One nice feature was that the area under the bathroom sink is enclosed with cabinet doors. Just a small touch, but it's nice to be able to put things away behind closed doors and not have to look at them. BTW, from walking by other "regular" rooms with their doors open, it appeared that the area under their sinks was open. Also, all of the deluxe rooms were at the very back of the parking lot (fartherest from the bus stop) which felt like a really long walk after a full day at the parks!

One other reason why the Candy Cane would not be my first choice was the front desk manager. She had an attitude and was not very "customer oriented."

Sheila
sheila.bennett@home.com
Wilderness Lodge; Dec 1999
Disneyland March 2001!

Thanks everyone for your responses! We were unable to book the Park Inn for the dates we will be in town so it looks like Candy Cane it is. The rooms sound nice and we will have a car and plan on being typical tourists who don't spend much time at the hotel anyway. I am just glad to hear that is wasn't an awful place to stay so my mind is now at ease. I will post a trip report as soon as I get back. Thanks again! :)

ºOº Peace, Love & Mickey ºOº

1980 Offsite
1990 Offsite
1997 Offsite
Jan 2000 CBR/Wonder
Nov 2000 CBR
Feb 2001 7 day Magic Cruise
May 2001 Disneyland
November 2001 Offsite

We just got back and stayed at the Candy Cane and the Best Western Park Place.

We loved the Candy Cane and would have no problem staying there again. We had a wonderful experience with the front desk. When I asked how to find the Hollywood sign, they pulled out detailed maps and made copies for us. In addition they showed us where they thought we could get a really good picture from. (They were right) They room was very clean and I love the little touches they used like using a wash cloth as a tie-back on the shower curtain.

As for the Best Western - well lets say it won't be my first choice. It was clean, but there is not enough parking spaces for the cars so some people have to park along side the next building. In addition, the towels are thin along with the pillows.

jane.gif

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter