Candy Cane Inn Facelift

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
I just saw on the Candy Cane Inn FB page that they are doing a full remodel of the rooms. In the last 15 years of visiting DLR we have only stayed at the CCI or the Grand. I love them both equally!

I'm super excited to see what the new CCI rooms look like. I love that they are taking advantage of this unexpected downtime to do some major construction. I hope to be there in 2021 if the stars align just right. :)

Hmmmm. I'm lookin at a visit. Figure the C19 lockdown stuff will be done by then. That might be a good hotel to go with. Free breakfast. Free parking. A shuttle bus when we don't want to walk back at the end of the day. Sounds inviting.

We will definitely have another look, the rooms were the main reason we haven't returned.

When I was there two weeks ago, my friend and I had the opportunity to really look at the CCI, because it was on the side of the street we were using to walk to DTD. It's cute, and quiet. Definitely someplace I'd like to look into staying at sometime.

I read a rumor Disney bought the land there and when lease is up they would use it for their own needs, maybe this makes that rumor not close to reality

I read a rumor Disney bought the land there and when lease is up they would use it for their own needs, maybe this makes that rumor not close to reality
Where did you read this? Can you post the link? (We try not to post baseless rumors here, so please post the link if you can find it.) The CCI was not for sale the last time I heard. Disney would love to own that land, but the family who owns the CCI has not wanted to sell. @Malcon10t : Do you know anything about this?

ETA: This is what I was able to find, but it is dated 2015: https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/...t/206787-doesnt-disney-own-the-candy-cane-inn

I hope it doesn't get torn down. DH and I stayed there for our anniversary trip. It was just perfect.

I hope Disney never owns the CCI. They will just tear it down.
I hope it doesn't get torn down. DH and I stayed there for our anniversary trip. It was just perfect.
As far as we know right now, the CCI is not for sale. Disney does not own it. It is not slated to be torn down. The pp was repeating an old, unproven rumor, so there is no need to spread it further. The CCI is being remodeled -- see updates on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/candycaneinn/.

Candy Cane Inn is owned by a family in Northern CA, who has no intention of selling. That said, everyone has a price, but I doubt they would do such an extensive remodel if they were even considering selling. And yes, if Disney bought it, it would be torn down for expansion.

Candy Cane Inn is owned by a family in Northern CA, who has no intention of selling. That said, everyone has a price, but I doubt they would do such an extensive remodel if they were even considering selling. And yes, if Disney bought it, it would be torn down for expansion.
Thank for you reporting back on this. Hope you enjoyed your recent DTD visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter