Candles?

pfishgirl

In Loving Memory of My Son 5/6/09
ok so I can assume the answer will be a Huge NO.. but I will ask anyway..

Can you bring small votive candles or even Birthday cake candles on the DCL ? :confused3

Candles that burn of ANY kind are forbidden on the ship. They are a serious fire hazard.

If you want the effect, I've recently seen some battery powered LED "flicker" type imitation candles if you want to take up the space in your bags.

I assumed they wouldn't be permitted, since smoking has specific areas and never in the Cabins..

Thanks..

a Birthday Cake just isn't a Birthday Cake without Candles :guilty:

a Birthday Cake just isn't a Birthday Cake without Candles :guilty:

Sure it is...if you want it to be.

And let them know that you are celebrating a birthday. They'll present the birthday girl/boy with a cake in the dining room.

Sure it is...if you want it to be.

And let them know that you are celebrating a birthday. They'll present the birthday girl/boy with a cake in the dining room.

Actually we already did.. We leave on 9/20 and the Birthday boy's birthday is also on 9/20.. He will be 34 :rotfl:

ask any of the crew members what the number one fear at sea is, and it's not hurricanes, it's fire!

Skip the candles! But have 2 cakes! :)

ask any of the crew members what the number one fear at sea is, and it's not hurricanes, it's fire!

Skip the candles! But have 2 cakes! :)

Yep. That came up last night on the Travel Channel on the special of "The World" since the cabins on that ship have kitchens. No open flames are allowed on any passenger ship. The stoves all use induction heat, and the individual cabin kitchens are a seperate compartment with their own fire door.

Any source of fire on a cruise ship is not a good idea. Last year there was a fire on the Star Princess, and one person died: USA Today

Woody

For more graphic evidence of why open flames are a no-no, look up the Princess fire on YouTube. Someone actually videotaped the side of the ship from his own verandah while it was engulfed in flames (from his narration, you can tell he's pretty drunk...otherwise he'd surely have had the good sense to evacuate the room).

The biggest hazard / danger to the cruise ship is FIRE. That is why "they" allow only so much real wood in the construction and finishing of a ship. Most of the wood we see is just a veneer or not really wood at all.

Still, no open flames onboard. In the kitchen they use steam to cook - not gas. But I still don't know how they carmelize the creame brule:confused3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter