• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional

mugsymagoos

Adopt a Homeless Pet today!
We are leaving Friday and staying at the Boardwalk for the weekend. What are the chances of us seeing the Candlelight Processional show without having booked the dinner package?? I tried to make ressies at the Garden Grill and they are all booked up! I have a family of 5 and cannot spend much more money than for that restaurant, and my kids would have liked the character dining. Will we still get in for the show?? The CM I spoke with said the show and dining looked completely booked up for Saturday, and while the show was open for Friday night, the restaurant I wanted was booked!

Any ideas???

Therese

I think it'll probably be really crowded both Friday and Saturday, so there will be long lines to get in to see CP. I don't know how you and your family feel about waiting in line for a long time (probably a couple of hours) but if it was me, I'd skip it. I love CP, but I hate standing in line that long even more.

Sorry I couldn't offer better advice. But whatever you decide to do about CP, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful visit to WDW! :D

Kaycee,

Thanks for the info...I don't think we will be able to wait on line for that long, so we might have to miss it. I guess I will just play it by ear and see!!

Therese

We saw the CP last friday with no dinner package. This was the 6:45 show, and we did end up sitting in the last row of seats. We got there abvout 15 minutes before. My mom was able to get a seat for the last show on Monday (11/29) without any waiting at all- she just walked in. I think if you get there 15-30 minutes early and don't go to the 8:15 show, you should be fine.

I saw it last Saturday night without a package. Got in the standby line about 8:00 for the 8:15 show, got almost the last of the open seats. I heard that the theater holds 2,000 people. Last Saturday for 8:15 they had 1,600 package seats and 400 standbys, according to a person who was standing in line with me, she said she asked a cm.

If you can't get in or don't want to wait on line, you can always listen to the show by staying in the area. Some on the boards have said it is still very inspirational and moving just to hear the show, even if you can't see it.

Just a thought.

I have also heard that it is easier to get into the 5:00 show then other shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter