Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

Watching for November 28- December 2. Haven't been in several years.

Same here...if we go by previous years, Neil Patrick Harris will be the host Nov 27 to 30...he is always at WDW at these dates (and on my B-Day on 11/29)...another host will be on Dec 1 & 2...

John

Booking for dining opened at the end of June last year...so not really at 180 days as it was less for the dates in November. I'm sure there will be rumors around here a day or so before it happens, so subscribe to this thread and be on the lookout for others.

And yes, several people will make multiple reservations and then figure out which one(s) they want to keep based on the narrators who commit for certain nights. This does lock you out of making same-time reservations at other parks, so if you have lots of places you want to eat that are difficult for ADRs (like BOG or CRT for example), you may find that you have less flexibility to move around if you're only in WDW for a few nights because you have to set your hard to get ADRs and then work the CP around them as narrators are announced, because you likely won't get a second opportunity to score that BOG ADR.

Thanks so much! I completely forgot about the potential to make multiple reservations for CP. I've got two potential dates that I'm earmarking for Epcot, so that will work well. We were just there over the summer so luckily I'm not looking for any other difficult to get restaurants this time around. Prioritizing the holidays for this trip!

Looking forward to going again this year! It was a family favorite last year. We ate at Akershus with the package. Thinking of trying something new this year.

Not that I've ever heard of.

There's a lot of information here (the list of narrators is from last year):

http://allears.net/tp/candlelight-processional.htm

Ah, ok that was a huge help. Thank you very much!

So....we'd like to eat dinner @ Coral Reef but $70/head is out of our budget. Can we still book and enjoy the normal menu for dinner if we don't do it as part of the CP package? If we can, can we book the CP package for a late breakfast (say 10.30am) somewhere else (any suggestions for buffet breakfast appreciated!) BUT would this then mean our tickets would be for the 5pm seating or is there flexibility with this? I think we'd prefer the last session so we can make the most out of the day. Or is the park open until the end of the last seating regardless?

Lots of questions for our visit time to DW and any advice is certainly appreciated :)

Booking for dining opened at the end of June last year...so not really at 180 days as it was less for the dates in November. I'm sure there will be rumors around here a day or so before it happens, so subscribe to this thread and be on the lookout for others.

And yes, several people will make multiple reservations and then figure out which one(s) they want to keep based on the narrators who commit for certain nights. This does lock you out of making same-time reservations at other parks, so if you have lots of places you want to eat that are difficult for ADRs (like BOG or CRT for example), you may find that you have less flexibility to move around if you're only in WDW for a few nights because you have to set your hard to get ADRs and then work the CP around them as narrators are announced, because you likely won't get a second opportunity to score that BOG ADR.

Oh and if we make a breakfast reservation at a restaurant that participates in the CP package at our 180 day mark, do we just call Disney later to add the CP component once it is released?

So much to think about - my brain is hurting lol!!!

Ah, ok that was a huge help. Thank you very much!

So....we'd like to eat dinner @ Coral Reef but $70/head is out of our budget.

1. Can we still book and enjoy the normal menu for dinner if we don't do it as part of the CP package?

2. If we can, can we book the CP package for a late breakfast (say 10.30am) somewhere else (any suggestions for buffet breakfast appreciated!)

3. BUT would this then mean our tickets would be for the 5pm seating or is there flexibility with this? I think we'd prefer the last session so we can make the most out of the day.

4. Or is the park open until the end of the last seating regardless?

Lots of questions for our visit time to DW and any advice is certainly appreciated :)

1. Sure - not everyone who eats at the Epcot restaurants during the holiday season is doing the CP dinner package.

2. Sure.

3. I don't know if what meal you choose determines which show you go to.

4. During the dates the CP runs (day after Thanksgiving through Dec 30), Epcot is open til 9:30 every night.

Oh and if we make a breakfast reservation at a restaurant that participates in the CP package at our 180 day mark, do we just call Disney later to add the CP component once it is released?

So much to think about - my brain is hurting lol!!!

No, CP packages are separate from regular ADRs.

Last edited:
So sorry for the ongoing questions!!

Do you think Trattoria al Forno will be part of the package option for breakfast again this year now that they have a new character breakfast. I just recognised the restaurant name as we are staying at BW and that could work out well for us... thanks again and I promise I get back in lurking mode soon :) :) :) :)

Booking of CP packages will open sometime over the summer -- maybe July? A regular ADR cannot be switch to a CP package.

As far as I know when booking the package you pick the dining option AND time of the CP show. Breakfast diners will have the option for later shows. We too are looking for a breakfast package with the 6 pm show, thinking of booking at Captain's Grille - we too will be at BW!

Im in! This will be our third CP. We have seen Edward James Olmos and Trace Adkins (loved his twang while reading!)

Would like to see Steven Curtis Chapman. Not sure where we will eat, last time we went we did lunch at Le Cellier. In reality, we are hoping to see the show on black friday, which i have heard is crazy busy. I will be happy to get a adr almost anywhere!

Count me in too. This will be our second time. Originally saw it in 2011 with NPH. He was fantastic! Notice the angelic glow around him...that or it was my camera responding to the horrid lighting. Will be there December 11 - 18. Wonder who will be there.

Attachments

• CPNPH.jpg
    CPNPH.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 18
We have done the CP 5 times and love it because it really adds the Christmas spirit to the holiday!
We go each year around Thanksgiving! This year we will be visiting between Christmas and new year's day. We want to book Dec. 28 or Dec. 29. Doesn't matter the readers as we have enjoyed them all!
We usually do Via Napoli but have also done San Angel inn and it was fabulous too! Looking to book a different eating venue this year... But where??? Not sure at all! We always pay out of pocket so I am looking for a good value!

1. Sure - not everyone who eats at the Epcot restaurants during the holiday season is doing the CP dinner package.

2. Sure.

3. I don't know if what meal you choose determines which show you go to.

4. During the dates the CP runs (day after Thanksgiving through Dec 30), Epcot is open til 9:30 every night.

No, CP packages are separate from regular ADRs.

Thanks siskaren for all the additional info :)

Booking of CP packages will open sometime over the summer -- maybe July? A regular ADR cannot be switch to a CP package.

As far as I know when booking the package you pick the dining option AND time of the CP show. Breakfast diners will have the option for later shows. We too are looking for a breakfast package with the 6 pm show, thinking of booking at Captain's Grille - we too will be at BW!
So exciting!! I love this planning stage and thank goodness for all the help along the way :)

Count me in too. This will be our second time. Originally saw it in 2011 with NPH. He was fantastic! Notice the angelic glow around him...that or it was my camera responding to the horrid lighting. Will be there December 11 - 18. Wonder who will be there.

LOL re: the glow! Everyone seems to love him - what makes him such a fav do you think??

Same here...if we go by previous years, Neil Patrick Harris will be the host Nov 27 to 30...he is always at WDW at these dates (and on my B-Day on 11/29)...another host will be on Dec 1 & 2...

John

If that's correct looks like I'll be leaving Universal for a quick trip to EPCOT on the 29th.

Has anyone brought their kids to this? Mine will be 5 and 2. I was thinking about trying for a lunch and maybe they will nap or can just unwind with the ipad. Or am I crazy?

LOL re: the glow! Everyone seems to love him - what makes him such a fav do you think??
He delivers the story in a charming, heart felt but not over acting way. He slides in humor whenever possible and makes you feel right at home. Plus the kids that sing love him cause he's the only celebrity that goes to the green room where the kids are held and says a quick hello and have a great show before the performance.
My other absolute favorite is Edward James Olmos, his voice and delivery are perfect.

Has anyone brought their kids to this? Mine will be 5 and 2. I was thinking about trying for a lunch and maybe they will nap or can just unwind with the ipad. Or am I crazy?

My opinion is your kids are too young; If you do a package you'll still need to be in your seats at least 30-45 minutes before she show starts, without a package the line outside the theater can take at least an hour. But it's Disney and you're used to waiting on lines and waiting for shows! That aside I don't think the content will be enough to keep them interested, it's basically music and a narrator.

If you go to any show other than the earliest show it will be dark and light from the ipad has the potential to affect the enjoyment of those around you. Think of someone using an ipad in a movie theater.

I'd suggest it's for kids 8 and over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter