• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

We are so excited to do this for the first time! Not sure which restaurant to choose for the CP dinner package.We have eaten at many of the restaurants but not at Christmas time. Are the menus any different, like with special seasonal offerings? We are booked from December 9-17. Can't wait to book a dinner package!

Looks like we are planning trip week before Christmas. I can't wait to experience this event. My DD birthday is Dec. 24th so Xmas time is really special for us.

Hi. Would love to hear more about this event. How long does a show go for? What's it like? Traditionally, what restaurants offer the packages? Thanks in advance!!

We are going to be there 17 - 31 Dec. Planning CLP maybe the 19th so not on a weekend. I would like to go to 2nd show. Would a late lunch get us a seat for that time?

For those who have never been in December...oh my goodness...you are going to love Epcot, heck the entire Disney property during this time. Wow...just wow. And Epcot...We didn't even get to see all the holiday activities because there are so many of them. Each country has a mini stage with native shows about Christmas/Dec Holiday events. 3 Kings from Mexico comes to mind. We will be there 12-17 Dec and I can't wait. My fiance's first Disney xmas.

When do they announce the narrator schedule? Thank you! Is the candlelight dining package worth the 2 dining credits?

When do they announce the narrator schedule? Thank you! Is the candlelight dining package worth the 2 dining credits?
They usually release a partial list around end of July and August, with some TBA spots, last year they finalized the list in November

How does the booking for the dining pkg work? Does it open at the 180 day mark or later? First timer for the holidays here! I'm a planner, but it sounds like things might have to shift around once narrators, etc are announced?

We are going Dec 15th-20th but plan on skipping Epcot like usual. Should I really reconsider this? This is our 5th year in a row to go to Disney World. My two boys are 4 and 6 (5 and 7 by this Dec). The only way we could do Epcot is to add another day at the end. I loved this park in my early teens or the early 90s but haven't been back since that time. The main reason we've skipped is due to the youngest height but he hit exactly 40in on our last trip in Sept, so obviously it opens up what we can do more now (we never do anything unless at least one of them can do it or ride it).

This is our first trip during the Christmas season and our schedule is maxxed out with visits to other 3 parks, Xmas Party, and break periods, so the only way we can do this is an extra night stay plus 4 more park tickets. Skipping HS is unfortunately a non negotiable with my kids.

I know it's different for everyone, but do you think it's worth the extra cost for us to do this considering we typically skip this park? (We keep saying we're going to go eventually). Its not in our ideal budget but is feasible with some convincing to the DW.

I didn't want to start one of those new threads of "convince me" bc I think it's homie to start one (basically I'm only like half of a hypocrite this way).

We are going Dec 15th-20th but plan on skipping Epcot like usual. Should I really reconsider this? This is our 5th year in a row to go to Disney World. My two boys are 4 and 6 (5 and 7 by this Dec). The only way we could do Epcot is to add another day at the end. I loved this park in my early teens or the early 90s but haven't been back since that time. The main reason we've skipped is due to the youngest height but he hit exactly 40in on our last trip in Sept, so obviously it opens up what we can do more now (we never do anything unless at least one of them can do it or ride it).

This is our first trip during the Christmas season and our schedule is maxxed out with visits to other 3 parks, Xmas Party, and break periods, so the only way we can do this is an extra night stay plus 4 more park tickets. Skipping HS is unfortunately a non negotiable with my kids.

I know it's different for everyone, but do you think it's worth the extra cost for us to do this considering we typically skip this park? (We keep saying we're going to go eventually). Its not in our ideal budget but is feasible with some convincing to the DW.

I didn't want to start one of those new threads of "convince me" bc I think it's homie to start one (basically I'm only like half of a hypocrite this way).

do you have Park hopper and if not maybe add it and then also use the Express bus in the parks to go from one park to the other. I would highly recommend going to Epcot for Christmas time. The Candlelight is up to you. some say younger kids won't enjoy it. I made my son and hubs sit on the bench at dl all day two years ago. They said never again. Lucky here at WDW there are the dining packages.

How does the booking for the dining pkg work? Does it open at the 180 day mark or later? First timer for the holidays here! I'm a planner, but it sounds like things might have to shift around once narrators, etc are announced?

Booking for dining opened at the end of June last year...so not really at 180 days as it was less for the dates in November. I'm sure there will be rumors around here a day or so before it happens, so subscribe to this thread and be on the lookout for others.

And yes, several people will make multiple reservations and then figure out which one(s) they want to keep based on the narrators who commit for certain nights. This does lock you out of making same-time reservations at other parks, so if you have lots of places you want to eat that are difficult for ADRs (like BOG or CRT for example), you may find that you have less flexibility to move around if you're only in WDW for a few nights because you have to set your hard to get ADRs and then work the CP around them as narrators are announced, because you likely won't get a second opportunity to score that BOG ADR.

Will be taking a trip from December 3rd-9th. If we make reservations, will it take up half a day waiting in line to get in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter