• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancelling Southwest Chase Visa - Reapply?

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I currently have a SW Chase Visa card I have had for a couple of years. The offer I got was to get 75 thousand miles based on certain amount of purchases within a time period, which I did. I have used those miles to travel to MCO.

I want to know if I cancel the card will the balance of the miles I have as part of the originally 75 thousand be deleted from my account? After cancelling the card, how long do I have to wait in order to apply to get a new offer?

Currently what do you think the best SW Chase offer is? I see one for 80 thousand but it is $199 fee.

TIA.

The miles are in your Southwest Account and are yours to keep no matter what you do with your credit card. And you are right there are some great options out there to get more miles from cc offers. I’m not versed in SW cc but a lot of people on the i love credit cards thread here on the DIS are very well versed on SW cc offers! Read the first post and then hop to the end and give us an intro post and people can help you find the best southwest card for you!

i believe you can only get a 'bonus' offer - every 2 years. So based on when you received your last 75K , you should be able to get another one 2 years later.

that said.....you can get bonus pts quicker than that if you get them from different cards....such as the plus, premier or business cards. A couple of years ago, I received the bonus pts from plus / premier only a few months apart which allowed me to easily get the companion pass.

i believe you can only get a 'bonus' offer - every 2 years. So based on when you received your last 75K , you should be able to get another one 2 years later.

that said.....you can get bonus pts quicker than that if you get them from different cards....such as the plus, premier or business cards. A couple of years ago, I received the bonus pts from plus / premier only a few months apart which allowed me to easily get the companion pass.

SW/chase recently implemented a new rule where you can only have 1 personal card open at a time so that is no longer possible. You can still have a personal and a business, for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter