Cancelling Reservations 7 Days Out

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
As published, DVC continues to cancel reservations with a check in date of 7 days in the future. Not only is the one day canceled but the entire reservation.

For example, if you have a reservation with check in date of May 29 and a check out date 14 days later of June 12, your entire reservation was cancelled today.

Using this as an example, would you be upset if the resorts do open prior to June 12 and you were not given the opportunity to make your own personal decision whether you would accept a shorter trip?

As published, DVC continues to cancel reservations with a check in date of 7 days in the future. Not only is the one day canceled but the entire reservation.

For example, if you have a reservation with check in date of May 29 and a check out date 14 days later of June 12, your entire reservation was cancelled today.

Using this as an example, would you be upset if the resorts do open prior to June 12 and you were not given the opportunity to make your own personal decision whether you would accept a shorter trip?
Yep

Kinda glad we pieced together or July trip… 3 resorts, 3 contracts, 3 UY over 9 nights.

If we cancel ourselves (in my case a June trip with Aug UY borrowed points) will they un borrow the points and how long does it take?

If we cancel ourselves (in my case a June trip with Aug UY borrowed points) will they un borrow the points and how long does it take?

Yes, they will put them back as long as the policy is still in place, I needed mine to book right away so I was able to get them to do it within 3 days or so,

But, normally, they say up to 15. With an announcement maybe coming this week, its possible we will see that policy go away once a date of opening is announced

Yes, as Sandisw said. If you’re not planning on going, cancel it now before the policy changes. I (sadly) cancelled my trip for June, this past Thursday. Most of my family (10 of us) said they only want to go if the parks are open. We were concerned that the DVC resorts could open and not the parks. We have no way of knowing and guess that nothing at WDW will be open before July. We decided to cancel so our points wouldn’t go into holding or be lost....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter