Cancelling a G+ and booking a different time?

Kazi7

Mouseketeer
Say I plan to hop to HS, and at 7am I book a 5pm Slinky. As I refresh the app during the day, will available times for Slinky keep showing? If an earlier time pops up, will I be able to see it so (theoretically) I could switch to it? I think I've seen people say that there's no "modify" function for the G+ passes, you have to cancel and rebook. Does the 120 min rule apply if you just want to cancel and rebook? In other words, would I have to do it at 11, 1, or 3?

Yes I did this on our trip last week. I cancelled the existing GP+ for an attraction. After cancelling I was able to right away book the GP* (for the same attraction) for a later time. Sorry I don't remember the exact times that I had the original and the re-book.

Say I plan to hop to HS, and at 7am I book a 5pm Slinky. As I refresh the app during the day, will available times for Slinky keep showing? If an earlier time pops up, will I be able to see it so (theoretically) I could switch to it? I think I've seen people say that there's no "modify" function for the G+ passes, you have to cancel and rebook. Does the 120 min rule apply if you just want to cancel and rebook? In other words, would I have to do it at 11, 1, or 3?
This is very risky, especially for an attraction like SDD, precisely because there is no modify option. You could see a better SDD dash time, cancel yours, then go to book the new time, find it’s gone, then try to grab your time back, and find it’s gone too. In fact, that’s probably likely given how popular SDD is and how many people are trying to grab it at once.

Last edited:
This is very risky, especially for an attraction like SDD, precisely because there is no modify option. You could see a better SDD dash time, cancel yours, then go to book the new time, find it’s gone, then try to grab your time back, and find it’s gone too. In fact, that’s probably likely given how popular SDD is and how many people are trying to grab it at once.
Someone posted in one of the Genie threads that this exact thing happened. They had SDD, saw another time available, cancelled their existing LL, then the other time was no longer there when they went to rebook. They never got on SDD because of it.

Last edited:

Someone posted in one of the Genie threads that’s this exact thing happened. They had SDD, saw another time available, cancelled their existing LL, then the other time was no longer there when they went to rebook. They never got on SDD because of it.
Yeah, this is the problem. You can’t grab a ll and then try to refresh it to a better time like you could with fastpass.

Yes thanks. I understand the risk but I just wondered what is possible. If you cancel Slinky and can’t immediately replace it with a different time, I wonder if you can keep on looking for one and grab it if it comes up regardless of the 120 min rule. Or say at 11:45, I cancel my 5pm Slinky, could I replace it with a 12:30 Toy Story right then?

Yes thanks. I understand the risk but I just wondered what is possible. If you cancel Slinky and can’t immediately replace it with a different time, I wonder if you can keep on looking for one and grab it if it comes up regardless of the 120 min rule. Or say at 11:45, I cancel my 5pm Slinky, could I replace it with a 12:30 Toy Story right then?
It has been reported that cancelling a LL allows you to immediately pull another one the same as if you had tapped into the ride. It doesn’t have to be for the same attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter