• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancelling a AAA ressie? UPDATE--last post

cjackearl

DIS Veteran
I've priced out our June 15-23 vacation using the new buy 4 get 3 promotion and it looks like we'll save money over our standing AAA reservation. When I called Disney CRO I was told that there is availability on the dates and resort I want, but per the Disney/AAA relationship, I can't have 2 reservations for the same dates. I have to cancel my AAA ressie prior to booking my new one. I can't do that myself, so I e-mailed my AAA agent to cancel for me. She's not been the easiest person to work with and I'm afraid she's not going to move very quickly on this. My question is, can only the booking agent handle changes to your reservation? I'm wondering if another agent at the same office could cancel for me. I just don't want to miss out on this promotion because my agent didn't move fast enough.

When I've booked with AAA in the past I've used other agents if I was not able to reach mine. I would assume that your AAA office would do the same.

I've priced out our June 15-23 vacation using the new buy 4 get 3 promotion and it looks like we'll save money over our standing AAA reservation. When I called Disney CRO I was told that there is availability on the dates and resort I want, but per the Disney/AAA relationship, I can't have 2 reservations for the same dates. I have to cancel my AAA ressie prior to booking my new one. I can't do that myself, so I e-mailed my AAA agent to cancel for me. She's not been the easiest person to work with and I'm afraid she's not going to move very quickly on this. My question is, can only the booking agent handle changes to your reservation? I'm wondering if another agent at the same office could cancel for me. I just don't want to miss out on this promotion because my agent didn't move fast enough.

I'm in the same situation you are. CRO booked me with no problem. :confused3
I would call Disney back and speak with another CM. :)

WHY WOULD YOU CANCEL! Just have the AAA agent modify your existing res to the new offer

We're switching our reservation to a different resort, so I can't just have the TA change our existing reservation to the new promo. I may see if she can change everything for me, but as I said, I don't have a lot of confidence in her. I tried calling the office today but they're not open on Saturday. I may try calling Disney again tonight just to see what I get.

EVERY SINGLE aspect of a reservation can be modified except for lead guest name. There is NO reason to cancel it. You also cant doublebook. Why do you have a TA in the first place if you want to do everything yourself? If you cancel and rebook it yourself then your TA did all that work for absolutely nothing

I was able to book a new package online with Disney before I had AAA cancel my existing package. I did it that way because I booked at about 5:10 PM on Thursday - right after the deal was released! My AAA agent was off Thursday and I didn't want to try to explain what I wanted to someone else over the phone. We were adding an additional day - at the Beginning of our trip. I also wanted to get in on the deal ASAP, just in case what I wanted sold out quickly. I had NO problem booking a ressie online. I left a message for my AAA agent that night, she called me back the next day, no problem at all, and she talked to Disney and they transferred my initial $200 deposit to the new ressie, so now I have $400 down on the trip. I was able to check online that same day (Friday) and could see the other $200 credited.

RE: what the above poster is asking. It may not have been that the OP actually wanted to use a TA. I know for me that was not the case. However, to book a Package with AAA discount, you HAVE to go through AAA, so I did. This new deal was a much better discount for me (saved $577 plus added the extra night), so this was the way to go. I actually prefer booking myself online, I like to be able to check it, etc. And I don't know about other TA's, but "all that work" was about 10 minutes for me. I knew Exactly what I wanted when I went in, she just booked it. Had my agent been working on Thurs, I probably would have had her look into modifying the ressie. But that just wasn't the case. In addition, a AAA membership is a paid thing - not exactly the same as going to another TA that does the work for no $$ from the customer at all.

Just saying the OP may have been in a similar situation. Wasn't really looking to have a TA do the work, just was getting the AAA discount.

1) The only reason I used a TA was because I couldn't book a package myself and get the AAA discount.

2) My TA didn't do anything for me except actually book the ressie. I called her and gave her all of the reservation information and then she turned around and gave it to CRO. I had already done all of my own legwork. She also not only receives a commission on this reservation that I did all of the work on, she also got a "service fee" for handling my reservation.

I'm not really sure why you're "shouting." I'm giving her an opportunity to fix this herself, I'm just not sure, due to past experiences with her, that she'll do it in a timely enough manner. And although the reservation can be modified, the room we have booked at a completely different resort WILL have to be cancelled. I KNOW I can't double book, that's the point of my concern.

Okay please stop saying that a reservation has to be cancelled because you changed resorts. That is one of the many aspects of a res that can be modified.

I KNOW I can't double book, that's the point of my concern.

My CM told me it wasn't considered double booking because AAA "owned" my original reservation so everything was o.k.. Hope you get it all worked out soon! :)

Don't cancel!!!!!!!!

I booked my vacation through AAA last month! I was going to stay at Coronado Springs for 6 nights, but with the new promotion I called yesterday and changed to Beach Club Resort for 7 nights!!! I didn't have to cancel anything!

That means your CM got written up for doublebooking and lost credit for it. My roommate works for the department that monitors reservation revenue discrepencies. It doesnt matter who "owns" the reservation, its still two reservations for the same person, meaning someone else that is looking for that room cant have it

Their point was you should tell the AAA agent to change your reservation to take advantage of the 4-3 deal.

Your agent can change resorts, dates, packages ... anything.

No need to cancel, have your TA change it.

2007 I had my TA change my reservation 4 different times. She worked hard for the commission that year. :)

That means your CM got written up for doublebooking and lost credit for it. My roommate works for the department that monitors reservation revenue discrepencies. It doesnt matter who "owns" the reservation, its still two reservations for the same person, meaning someone else that is looking for that room cant have it

I'm just repeating what my CM told me. She knew my situation and just blew it off as no issue at all. I had even asked if there would be any problem.

I had also already emailed my AAA agent to cancel the original reservation, so it could be released back into the system asap.

Im sure she was one of the newly hired cast members then. They did just have 3 new training classes. Not that it means anything to the guest

Hopefully if you do have two reservations that AAA cancels the right one, seeing as they are both under your home phone number.

When I gave Disney our phone number, she knew all my past reservations. The magical Gathering in 2007, Pop Century two years in a row.

And we used a Travel agent.

1)And although the reservation can be modified, the room we have booked at a completely different resort WILL have to be cancelled. I KNOW I can't double book, that's the point of my concern.

OH, I understand now.

Technically you don't get a room until you check in. Until then you are just a number on a hotel ledger. When you modify your reservation the numbers automatically change to the other resort.

They don't book solid this far in advance, they give them selves plenty of wiggle room for the rooms used.

It will be a lot easier to edit your resort location than to create a new reservation. Even if you can't book a new reservation you will be able to move resorts because you are already accounted for, make sense?

I was not able to apply the new deal to my AAA booking- we had 3 pirate rooms at CBR booked and my TA tried to get the deal applied and wasn't able to b/c there were no avail pirate rooms (even though we already have them?), but I was able to book it through Disney if I left a few days later... sometimes it is hard to get your TA to "jump through the hoops" for you...

Well, I booked my "deal" on-line because it wasn't available when I called the CRO. The on-line system created a new reservation for me, with no problem - same name, same telephone number, same dates. I then called the CRO to verify that the reservation had gone through (even though I got an immediate e-mail confirmation). She confirmed that it had, and cancelled my other reservation, based on the reservation numbers.

Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone.

If the OP can't get in touch with her travel agent for 4 days it may not be possible for her to switch the reservation as the availability may change in that time.

Personally, given what she has written, I would book through WDW and cancel AAA.

Just curious what makes a revenue discrepency. I have booked more than one room at a time under my name. Is it that WDW looks at the lead guest? If so, that would help me understand why the lead guest name can't be changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter