Cancelled my WDW vacation

barbz56

Mouseketeer
I cancelled our WDW vacation that was to be in 36 days. I work for JCPenney, and since the announcement came out that they are going to close 130-140 stores I decided I needed the money I paid on this vacation more than Disney right now. We are suppose to find out I guess within the next couple weeks. I left work on Friday and saw the announcement on FB. I guess maybe our Manager will say something tomorrow morning.

The timing for this sucks for you. In one sense I see where you're coming from why you canceled. On the other side, I would've held onto it and went anyway.

The biggest question is not knowing if your store is one of the closures.

ETA: Your boss and their bosses may not know anything. Sometimes these things are planned out, other times, they can just tell you that you're done tomorrow. Don't count on anything coming quickly from your boss (they're more than likely just as confused as you are) and corporate is still number crunching to see the most under-performing locations that will make the list.

Hopefully it all works out for you. I've been through a closure. Even if you know you are landing on your feet it is still a rough time with a lot emotions and stresses.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I too am in retail and it SUCKS!!!!! Every time you turn around you hear about large retailers trimming the fat in order to keep the corporate fat cats rolling in cash bonuses. Total shame. The company I work for is slashing prices so much people think we are going out of business. Hope you don't get cut, keep us posted and be positive.

I feel your pain. My company is cutting 4,000 positions by August and mine is one of them. It's certainly a scary position to be in. Luckily we still have plans to keep our Disney trip scheduled for April as we still have time to crunch and save between now and August. Good luck to you!

I'm sorry, that totally stinks! I hope that your store isn't effected and you are able to re-book!

Wishing you good luck. While everyone's vacation decisions are personal, for us I would not go into debt or spend money that you are not comfortable with on a vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter