Cancellations

TheBig2na

Mouseketeer
I didn't get the full story but my friend was supposed to fly out of Buffalo this morning, but had to turn back and fly out of Toronto. Jet Blue Flight. I am wondering if the Hurricane was bad in Buffalo, at least bad enough to cancel a bunch of flights.

The flight probably would have come through New York I assume?

I didn't get the full story but my friend was supposed to fly out of Buffalo this morning, but had to turn back and fly out of Toronto. Jet Blue Flight. I am wondering if the Hurricane was bad in Buffalo, at least bad enough to cancel a bunch of flights.

Jetblue have one flight per day ,direct (*first flight of the day for them).
If (as tone.def suggests) the flight was to go via New York City, then indeed the weather may have been a factor. The only puzzling thing is,why turn back to YYZ....when Buf should not have been affected by Irene (at least, nowhere near as much as NYC).
Did you hear if the flight went direct from YYZ to MCO ?

I believe he was supposed to be direct going down. I saw BUF had a ton of cancellations. maybe the wind was worse down there or they had some rain. Haven't heard back from him yet. Sounds like something that would happen to me. I have had a Hurricane Honeymoon, a couple trips to the hospital, lost luggage, multiple delayed or changed flights. Disaster. hahahaha. They made it at least and are enjoying the world.

According to the Buffalo Airport and JetBlue web sites, the direct Buffalo->MCO flight left on time today. Their flight to Ft. Lauderdale along with flights to Washington and JFK were cancelled, but not MCO. I'd wager that the Ft. Lauderdale flight was cancelled because the inbound equipment was probably stuck in New York or Washington.

I'll bet there is going to be a ripple effect felt for several days that will affect most of the airlines. Aircraft and aircrew placement will take a couple of days to normalize. Then they also will have to deal with all of the customers who have been stranded/had travel plans disrupted due to the storm. TO and BUF had no cancellations due to storm conditions at their airports, just due to storm conditions at other east coast airports.

We were in Buffalo over the weekend and staying near the airport. Was asking the lady at the front desk about flights on Saturday and Sunday. Alot were cancelled because the plane to take people on was still in New York. When we arrived on Saturday late (6:30pm, we were shopping in Pennsylvania since Friday) the weather was cooler but no rain. When we woke up on Sunday, much cooler and they had rain in the night. Sunday when shopping wasn't bad but much cooler then Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter