Cancellation policy for SW question....

WDW4us2006

DIS Veteran
I made reservations on Southwest for a trip in February that I may have to cancel. I purchased the online tickets with a credit balance I had left over from a prior purchase. I Have to use it by May 26. Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is for SW? If I rebook for a different date and time, what's the penalty?

I made reservations on Southwest for a trip in February that I may have to cancel. I purchased the online tickets with a credit balance I had left over from a prior purchase. I Have to use it by May 26. Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is for SW? If I rebook for a different date and time, what's the penalty?

No penalty ever with SWA just use the credits by date (one year from first reservation) - May 26 in this case. Believe they will extend further if you call them. If you go past that they will likely send you a paper voucher which can now be redeemed on line - they really don't want to take your money but they are bound by federal laws. (so I am told)- Call them - CS are really nice and helpful.

No penalty ever with SWA just use the credits by date (one year from first reservation) - May 26 in this case. Believe they will extend further if you call them. If you go past that they will likely send you a paper voucher which can now be redeemed on line - they really don't want to take your money but they are bound by federal laws. (so I am told)- Call them - CS are really nice and helpful.

You do have to request and extension, which you can do by calling the customer relations number (not the reservation number) which is listed on the web site. They will usually extend this by 6 months. They do not automatically send you a voucher for anything.
You are right on when you say the CS agents are really nice, they are the best, just about anywhere. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter