• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancellation of Reservations without Notice

Family Man

Earning My Ears
We just arrived at WDW on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005. We had made reservations this summer and at that time there was no availaiblity for our home resort, OKW, so we opted for SSR. However, we did request that we be wait listed for OKW. When we attempted to check in at SSR we discovered that our reservations had been automatically cancelled. After some searching, we discovered that our wait list had been cleared and our reservations changed to OKW. That wasn't all bad except that I had ordered flowers and a gift basket to be delivered to SSR for my wife's birthday and all contact information we left back home was for SSR. Has anyone else had this problem? Shouldn't they "automatically" notify us by e-mail when the automatically cancel or change our reservations? This is my first post, so bear with me.

if this is okey with you I am going to transfer this post to the DVC board.......I am sorry that you had a hard time....

and for your first post you did A OKEY....

I assume when you made the waitlist you set it for automatic rather than having them call you to see if you still wanted it. So they would automatically have changed you to OKW.

When a waitlist comes through they do send out another reservation letter. Did you get one? It would be exactly the same as your previous SSR letter except it would now say OKW. Maybe you got one but didn't notice the change?

Just a thought.

When you go on the waitlist for a DVC resort, you have two options: first, you can receive a call when the points come thru to verify that you still want to change, or secondly you can go the "automatic" change. In the second option, there is no notification that your waitlist has come thru until you receive the letter in the mail. It could be that your waitlist came thru within a few weeks of your arrival (if you stayed on past the 30 day mark). If that is the case, your letter may be lost in the mail.

Or....it could be that DVC messed up and never got your letter out to you...something they SHOULD'VE done.

Some people have asked to be put on the automatic waitlist, but receive a courtesy call from MS when it comes thru. Others have posted that MS said they could not do "courtesy calls". I think it depends who you get on the phone. If one MS person told me, "No." I would hang up and call back the next day to see if I could get someone to do that for me.

Sorry this happened to you!!

:wave:

Beca

Or, perhaps it didn't arrive before you left home. Great that your waitlist came through, but sorry you didn't know about it ahead of time! Did the gifts catch up to you?

sorry.....double post!!

:wave:

Beca

Hey Caskbill:

Thanks for the response. What are all those downloads you have on your reply? Do you work for Disney? In any event, this was my first reservation and I did it all over the phone with a CM. I do remember her asking me if I wanted to have it automatically change the reservation and I told her yes. However, I did not receive the letter you refer to. I did speak to customer service yesterday and the lady told me that a letter was supposed to have been sent on July 29, 2005. Thanks for the reply.

Beca:

Thanks for the response. This is going to be a long learning process for me. But, it looks like there is a wealth of experience at my disposal in this forum. I agree with your observation that it depends on who you talk to at MS as to what you are able to get. I like your approach. I have learned the same thing. All I am interested in is results, not excuses. Thanks again!

Diane:

Thanks for the reply. We were supposed to have received a letter that was sent on July 29, 2005 but we didn't. We finally got the floral arrangement and the wine and fruit basket around 9:30 p.m. that evening after numerous calls trying to locate them. They had been delivered to SSR and someone had put them back in an office where they were sitting when located.

I had a waitlist come thru with NO notice sent to me. I did ask for the automatic waitlist so I was not expecting a phone call. YThis happend just recently when firends of mine were staying on my points. Was going to be two nights at OKW and two nights at BWV. Waitlisted the first two night at BWV.
The went to check in OKW and was told they reservation was canceled....major disbilief and starting to stress...they then asked the front desk at OKW to see if they had one at BWV and sure enough they did. SO it worked out ok but for a few minutes it was not good.

Lesson....call MS and check your reservations the day before you leave if you had something waitlisted and have not gotten any mailed confirmations yet. (Also good idea if not waitlisted)

Lori

Lori:

Good to see that others who have experienced this only had a brief stress period, too. DVC should change their procedure to notify us of the wait list request coming through. But, until they do, I'm with you on checking the day before.

Same thing happened to me, booked BWV but was waitlisted at BCV. No notification was given to me before I left for the trip that BCV had come through. BWV gave me a room that was not supposed to be rented, it had a lot of maintenance problems. I wish they would have told me at check in that BCV had come through and I should go there, but nobody told me anything. I only found out after arriving back home and making complaints to members services about the comdition of the room. I think members services should make a phone call to let you know, the mail is just too unreliable.

If I ask to be put on automatic waitlist I just always call back to see if it came through especially right before I leave for the trip.

It would be nice for MS to give a courtesy call, but it is very simple for me with an 800 number to call, to do it myself. :flower:

I would never go without checking though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter