Canceling for part of the party

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation for Beaches and Cream during our upcoming trip. We will be meeting some relatives. If we discover that they can't make it, can we cancel the day of? Would we incur a charge for them?

If you make one ADR for all of you and only some of you attend there will be no charge (eg. ADR for 8 but only 4 attend = fine, no charge)
If you make two ADRs, one for each family, and only one family uses theirs than whoever booked the ADR through their MDE account will be charged the $10/person fee.

Basically as long as one person per reservation shows, you will not get charged a no show fee.

The exception is any of the prepaid dining like Hoop Dee Doo, etc. Those that don't show up will not usually get a refund unless canceled before the applicable cancellation window ends, although exceptions can be made or they may allow rescheduling under certain circumstances.

Just one person needs to show up. We often book for four even of the kids don’t eat with us.

Just one person needs to show up. We often book for four even of the kids don’t eat with us.

It's really a shame that people do this and take up seats from other people who might want to make ADRs for that restaurant.

Well, today I couldn’t make an ADR for two people (or three or four), but was able to make one for five people. After confirming, I went back in and was able to modify the reservation from five people to two people (even though a new reservation for two people was still not available). Bottom line is I have no problem with people gaming Disney’s reservation system any way they can as long as Disney has such a poorly functional system in place.

It's really a shame that people do this and take up seats from other people who might want to make ADRs for that restaurant.
Whether its 4 or 2..99% of the time we sit at a table for 4.Even if we only do ADR for 2. So, no one is taking up seats.
Birnbaums even recommends doing ADRs for 4 when you only have 2..more room at the table.

Well, today I couldn’t make an ADR for two people (or three or four), but was able to make one for five people. After confirming, I went back in and was able to modify the reservation from five people to two people (even though a new reservation for two people was still not available). Bottom line is I have no problem with people gaming Disney’s reservation system any way they can as long as Disney has such a poorly functional system in place.
Agreed. Its not like its a secret. Its in guide books to make a reservation for 4 if you only expect to have 2. For many reasons.

I will use an example we have booked for 6 but only 4 can come. so we cancel 2 but no 4 top is available at that time so we are sat at the 6 top. they will not sell those 2 seats because they don't most times sit others at your table

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter