• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canceling ADRs Day-of... No Penalty?

bigAWL

DIS Veteran
I'm just getting back on the DIS after my recent WDW trip, and I'm seeing a few threads asking about canceling or modifying ADRs within 24 hours and associated penalties. Here's something I posted today in a couple other threads...

During my trip last month, I was able to cancel several reservations day-of without penalty. I used the phone app to view the reservation I wanted to cancel. When it told me I wasn't able to cancel this on the app, it gave me a number to call. I dialed that number and was given an automated voice prompt to speak in the reservation number and then given the choice to cancel. No fees.

Your mileage may vary? I don't know.

The system may still charge you that fee. It may just take a billing cycle to show up. You will have to call billing and research to get it removed.

I walked up and canceled it, they had no problem with it and I was never charged.
Guy just marked I was there I think.

Yeah, I tried that once and was charged. I called and spoke to a CM when it showed up on my credit card and she said the only way to avoid the charge is to speak to a CM. YMMV - keep us posted! Would love if it has changed.

You can ways just modify and cancel, then you definitely won't be charged. Plus you don't have to worry about making sure you talk to the right CM.

You can ways just modify and cancel, then you definitely won't be charged. Plus you don't have to worry about making sure you talk to the right CM.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was a hack we weren't supposed to talk about or not but this is the workaround.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter