Cancel and bank?

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
I know this is basic but I just want to double check something....

If I were to book a trip to a DVC resort using my points...but then I change my mind and don't want to go until my next UY....can I cancel and then bank those points into the next year? I assume I can do this as long as we haven't passed our banking deadline, right?

Yes but they can’t be borrowed points or banked points, and they can’t be in holding.

So must be current UY points (same rules as what is eligible for banking sans pixie dust) and if you cancel too late and they go into holding, you won’t be able to bank them (again, unless you get pixie dust).

As long as the points weren't previously banked or borrowed AND the check-in date of the trip is not within the next 30 days then you can cancel and bank the points.

If any of the above is true then you'd be unable to bank them as banked / borrowed points can't be banked and if you cancel 30 days or less they would go into holding.

No penalties as long as you cancel 31 days or more in advance of check in.

If you cancel less than that, it puts the points into holding status. That means they will expire at the end of the UY of the trip, and can only be booked for trips 60 days or less from check in.

As already mentioned, points already banked can’t be banked again and if you borrow points, you can’t put them back.

Thanks.

If we have to cancel and a portion was from banked points....what can be done with those? Can they be rented out or anything?

Thanks.

If we have to cancel and a portion was from banked points....what can be done with those? Can they be rented out or anything?

They can be used as always..to book a trip and if there are enough for at least a one night stay,, you can try to offer them for rent.

Okay...how about this....

Can I bank some of my June UY 2023 immediately so that I can use them to book a June 2024 trip when my 11-month window hits? And then any leftover 2023 points that I know I won't need for that trip....can they sit there for a while and then if we don't need them...I can bank those later in the year? Or can you only bank things ONE time each year? (I know I can't bank and then un-bank/re-bank the same points.)

Not sure if that makes sense.

Okay...how about this....

Can I bank some of my June UY 2023 immediately so that I can use them to book a June 2024 trip when my 11-month window hits? And then any leftover 2023 points that I know I won't need for that trip....can they sit there for a while and then if we don't need them...I can bank those later in the year? Or can you only bank things ONE time each year? (I know I can't bank and then un-bank/re-bank the same points.)

Not sure if that makes sense.

You can do that! You can bank points as many times as you want in your banking window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter