cancel Akershus for Bon Voyage?

babyruth

for the first time in forever
I have a PPO Akershus breakfast, but food and price wise I think we would enjoy the new Bon Voyage more. Is the PPO worth it for the early access and mix of princesses? Or would you cancel that and do the Bon Voyage at Trattoria on a non-park day?

I would like to do both....we just have SO MANY meals booked....I would probably kick myself for canceling a PPO over Easter unless something changes like at MK.

Just make sure you know how you're getting over to the Boardwalk (if you're not staying at an Epcot resort). Taking a taxi/uber is certainly the easiest solution, but I'm seeing a lot of people on Disney Facebook groups today that didn't think this through and are worrying now.

I have both Akershus and GG booked for our two Epcot days and I double booked them with Trattoria. I was looking forward to trying GG, but I know my daughter would be sad if I cut "her" princess meal. Oh well.

Just make sure you know how you're getting over to the Boardwalk (if you're not staying at an Epcot resort). Taking a taxi/uber is certainly the easiest solution, but I'm seeing a lot of people on Disney Facebook groups today that didn't think this through and are worrying now.

Just in case we can actually get a reservation here, there isn't any parking actually at that area, right? I'm guessing we'd end up probably having to walk through Epcot... We're staying off site and driving over daily. Not our favorite plan, but with two kiddos in car seats, uber is less easy...

you should tell them "take an uber" ;)

Just in case we can actually get a reservation here, there isn't any parking actually at that area, right? I'm guessing we'd end up probably having to walk through Epcot... We're staying off site and driving over daily. Not our favorite plan, but with two kiddos in car seats, uber is less easy...
you can request an uber with a car seat, not sure about two though. You can park at the boardwalk for a meal reservation though. You are not supposed to leave your car there and go to Epcot but you can park while you are there.

you can request an uber with a car seat, not sure about two though. You can park at the boardwalk for a meal reservation though. You are not supposed to leave your car there and go to Epcot but you can park while you are there.

Good to know, thanks :) Of course this is all provided we can get a reservation -_- no looking good right now...

I'm not sure if Uber does two car seats, plus the younger is not going to be quite one and I think its for one and up. I want to make Uber work, but it seems like it would be a lot of trouble...

Good to know, thanks :) Of course this is all provided we can get a reservation -_- no looking good right now...

I'm not sure if Uber does two car seats, plus the younger is not going to be quite one and I think its for one and up. I want to make Uber work, but it seems like it would be a lot of trouble...
you definitely can park there if you are eating there but you SHOULD move your car to epcot if you're going to go there for the day and not just leave your car at BW. that said, I have no idea how they could possibly enforce this since doing away with paper parking permits.

If driving there, park at Boardwalk valet parking. You have to pay for it, and it's a bit more than parking at the theme park. But, you are allowed to park in valet all day, even if you are not staying at the resort. (You are paying for it, after all)

giving me more to think about! Didn't realize it was in walking distance to Epcot We would be driving over to Boardwalk...

We're doing both, most likely. Definitely doing Akershus, and then letting DD decide between Chef Mickey and Bon Voyage

We're doing both PPO Akershus and Trattoria. PPO Akershus breakfast is one of our favorites so we aren't giving that up this year, and we're staying right at BC, so it'll be an easy walk over for us. Akershus is so worth it, to us. The food is plentiful and so good and the princesses have been great every visit. In September we had an 8am ADR, we were done by 9am without rushing and we walked right on FEA, and then walked right into the Sommerhus to meet A&E without a wait. Perfect start to a morning in Epcot.

We're doing both PPO Akershus and Trattoria. PPO Akershus breakfast is one of our favorites so we aren't giving that up this year, and we're staying right at BC, so it'll be an easy walk over for us. Akershus is so worth it, to us. The food is plentiful and so good and the princesses have been great every visit. In September we had an 8am ADR, we were done by 9am without rushing and we walked right on FEA, and then walked right into the Sommerhus to meet A&E without a wait. Perfect start to a morning in Epcot.

thank you! that is what I'm hoping for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter