Canadian ticket promotion to APs...is it possible?

roxysmum123

DIS Veteran
I've bought tickets for 2 different trips with the 25% off promotion. One is a 4 day, one is a 7 day, both trips planned for this year. Is it possible to combine these two tickets at the gate on my first trip and pay the difference up to an annual pass?

I'm 99.9% sure there's fine print somewhere that says it isn't possible, because they're thorough like that, but just wondering. It would be really nice to be able to get TIW and AP room discounts on the second, longer, trip.

You can upgrade these to annual passes, someone has already reported success. However I highly doubt that you'd be able to combine the 2 you have and then upgrade to one single annual pass.

I notice you're heading to Disney next week, I think your best bet is to call before you to leave to see if you get a solid answer. Have a blast

You can upgrade these to annual passes, someone has already reported success. However I highly doubt that you'd be able to combine the 2 you have and then upgrade to one single annual pass.

I notice you're heading to Disney next week, I think your best bet is to call before you to leave to see if you get a solid answer. Have a blast
Do you know who had success with this. I'd love to hear how they did it.

Do you know who had success with this. I'd love to hear how they did it.

I just did it last week! No issues, both myself and my husband were able to do it at the ticket windows (mine at Magic Kingdom and him at Epcot). They upgraded the 7 day tickets without any hassles, and we were given the price paid for the 7 day ticket towards the upgrade so we ended up owing about 426$ at the window. Between having the PhotoPass included, hotel discounts, and the 20% off foods from 45 dining locations we've already almost made up the difference adn will definintely surpass it our next trip. It'll be worth the money for us, we have at least 14 more "Disney Days" planned before July alone and our passes are good until January 2018.

I was not able to combine the two tickets, so will use the 4 day ticket in the future as there is no expiration for it.

I just did it last week! No issues, both myself and my husband were able to do it at the ticket windows (mine at Magic Kingdom and him at Epcot). They upgraded the 7 day tickets without any hassles, and we were given the price paid for the 7 day ticket towards the upgrade so we ended up owing about 426$ at the window. Between having the PhotoPass included, hotel discounts, and the 20% off foods from 45 dining locations we've already almost made up the difference adn will definintely surpass it our next trip. It'll be worth the money for us, we have at least 14 more "Disney Days" planned before July alone and our passes are good until January 2018.

I was not able to combine the two tickets, so will use the 4 day ticket in the future as there is no expiration for it.
Were these the CAA tickets or the Airmiles ones?

Also was the $426 owed for one ticket or both?

Are you saying you got full face value of the discounted ticket or the sale price?

Neither, these were the tickets we bought with the 25% off Canadian ticket deal.

I've done it with Airmiles tickets before too without issue, but can not remember the cost to upgrade

I got the value that I paid for the ticket

Neither, these were the tickets we bought with the 25% off Canadian ticket deal.

I've done it with Airmiles tickets before too without issue, but can not remember the cost to upgrade

Thanks.

Unless I've misunderstood all of the upgrading threads I have read over the years, my understanding is much like what was described by roxysmum123 - you are only credited the value of what you have paid for the ticket. If that's the case, I'm not sure what benefit there would be to purchasing your ticket with the 25% discount, unless there is some thought that you may not decide to upgrade to AP's. Might make sense to save the tickets for use in the future and just purchase the AP for use this year.

Unless I've misunderstood all of the upgrading threads I have read over the years, my understanding is much like what was described by roxysmum123 - you are only credited the value of what you have paid for the ticket. If that's the case, I'm not sure what benefit there would be to purchasing your ticket with the 25% discount, unless there is some thought that you may not decide to upgrade to AP's. Might make sense to save the tickets for use in the future and just purchase the AP for use this year.
You generally get gate price for your ticket when that ticket is purchased from an authorised reseller. It remains to be seen if these CAA tickets can be bridged. I'm going to try in October. Theoretically it should work since CAA is an authorised reseller.

At the time of purchase, I wasn't expecting to buy the AP so the 25% ticket made the most financial sense.

You generally get gate price for your ticket when that ticket is purchased from an authorised reseller. It remains to be seen if these CAA tickets can be bridged. I'm going to try in October. Theoretically it should work since CAA is an authorised reseller.
I think though with the 25% off, even bought via CAA, you get what you paid and not gate price.

Did you use the tickets first before upgrading them to AP? I've bought discounted tix in the past thru Undercovet Tourist. Once I used them for park entrance the value shows full ticket price for upgrade. So I paid the difference for full gate price ticket to AP upgrade. Keeping my ticket discount. If I had not used them before upgrading I woukd have paid the higher price difference as the unused ticket would show discounted price paid.

I'm hoping I can upgrade to AP too. But I don't want to loose my CAD discount. So I hope once ticket is used for admission it will show up as a full price ticket for upgrade.

It would be nice if they had offered a ticket discount for AP!

I hate to burst your bubble but that doesn't work anymore. Disney now has assigned a value to all tickets. Check out the All about tickets over on the Theme Parks forum it will give you a better description.

Last edited:
I'm hoping I can upgrade to AP too. But I don't want to loose my CAD discount. So I hope once ticket is used for admission it will show up as a full price ticket for upgrade.

For what it's worth, they credited me the value paid towards my AP...HOWEVER with the 20% dining discounts right now that made it much more appealing PLUS our next trip we are saving more than the value of the AP in hotel discounts vs rack rate so it has absolutely been worth it for us to upgrade the ticket regardless of if we got an extra little deal or not. It definitely would have been nice, but we weren't left licking our wounds too long before we started reaping the AP benefits :)

For what it's worth, they credited me the value paid towards my AP...HOWEVER with the 20% dining discounts right now that made it much more appealing PLUS our next trip we are saving more than the value of the AP in hotel discounts vs rack rate so it has absolutely been worth it for us to upgrade the ticket regardless of if we got an extra little deal or not. It definitely would have been nice, but we weren't left licking our wounds too long before we started reaping the AP benefits :)
So true. I'd like to price bridge but I suspect it won't work. However, we will get 39 days out of our APs so it's still the better deal.

I don't think so. I'm going to try in October but I don't think it will work.
Before you try to upgrade be sure you use ticket first! Let me know how it worked. I'll be going in Nov! It's still not clear to me if they used ticket first before exchanging for AP!!

I hate to burst your bubble but that doesn't work anymore. Disney now has assigned a value to all tickets. Check out the All about tickets over on the Theme Parks forum it will give you a better description.
:sad: Will do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter