Canadian DVCer who have RENTED points

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
Hey I have a question for Canadian DVCers who have RENTED (not sold) points...

How did you accept payment?

Do you mean rented points rather than sold them?:confused3

Yes sorry rented -- I was half asleep when I posted lastnight LOL...

Had points transferred into our account twice. The first transaction was with a NYC'er that had me send a money order. Once she received payment, she transferred the points. Leap of faith on our part, but I did my homework on the member.

Second time, we were very fortunate to find someone in our hometown. We met in person (really nice guy, as one would expect:goodvibes ) and we gave him two personal cheques. One dated before the transfer and one post dated for after the transfer.

Everything went well.:thumbsup2 We paid premium prices for the transferred points, but it was worth it for the piece of mind with the transactions. Not worth saving a few bucks going with someone that doesn't give you that "warm and fuzzy feeling".

I would imagine the same goes in reverse. Especially for a rental agreement. You are still tied to the rentor and rentees until after the trip occurs. There are other post on here about expenses charged to the room that the member is responsible for paying afterwards. NOT GOOD!

Do your homework. Then cross your fingers.;)

I rented points from a DVCer in Manhattan and I had to pay half at time of booking and half 60 days out. I had to send a certified cheque or money order in American funds to her via mail (I used Canada Post's tracking service).

If you mean that you want to rent an American your points, I would do the same and ask for it in US funds!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter