Canadian dollar

Lil ole moi

Disney Dreamer
Has anybody been keeping an eye on our dollar to see if it has been going up or down in the last month or two?

I'm going to start keeping an eye on it starting today (what was the low a couple of months ago?) as we are going to Disney World :cloud9: in November. If there's a downward trend developing, I'm going to buy the US dollars before it gets carried away.

Your thoughts??

Yesterday 1.1116
June 7 1.1117
May 8 1.1116

Oddly the day you picked to ask the rates were very much unchanged over the last 2 months.

I am also going in November but I buy some each pay for the last 7 months, and keep it in a USD account.

I don't know where I read it, but I heard that the dollar was supposed to stay around where it is right now through to the end of the year. If you're at all concerned, start stock-piling now. You certainly have it far better than I did last Sept when it was 70 cents!

Here is a great chart of the dollar compared to the green back. It shows from 83 all the way to today.

cdn_dollar.jpg

I have been watching, as we went in late May, and I'd never seen it higher. It did get to a little over 90 cents, then dropped back; seems to be in the 88-89 cent region for the last 6 weeks or so. I can hardly keep myself from stockpiling, as it's been soooo long since I've seen it this high. On our trip, it was ALMOST like shopping at par (dangerous!), b/c the sales tax there is so much less.

pollioni said:
Here is a great chart of the dollar compared to the green back. It shows from 83 all the way to today.

cdn_dollar.jpg

See that highest point in between 2001 - 2003 - that was the last time we went!!! We are absolutely thrilled with the $ right now! We are also going in November.

See that highest point in between 2001 - 2003 - that was the last time we went!!!

LOL...I feel your pain. We honeymooned in April, 2002 at the Grand Floridian...ouch!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter