Canadian cruise travel July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

juju

DIS Veteran
I am booked for a short cruise from Vancouver to Seattle and back in July. It is no longer showing available but it is still listed as one of my reservations on the DCL website. I received an email today from my travel agent that I need to pay the balance soon. I asked the agent awhile back if this cruise was canceled but received a reply that if it was if I paid the balance there was the possibility of getting the extra credit for a future cruise. That is not what I am looking for. I can check with the agent again, but everyone here seems so smart about all of this. I tried to call DCL but gave up after being on hold too long.

Sorry, but that cruise will not happen and I don't know why they haven't officially cancelled it yet. I live in Vancouver and our local gov't keeps saying there will be NO international travel in or out of BC this summer :(

I am booked for a short cruise from Vancouver to Seattle and back in July. It is no longer showing available but it is still listed as one of my reservations on the DCL website. I received an email today from my travel agent that I need to pay the balance soon. I asked the agent awhile back if this cruise was canceled but received a reply that if it was if I paid the balance there was the possibility of getting the extra credit for a future cruise. That is not what I am looking for. I can check with the agent again, but everyone here seems so smart about all of this. I tried to call DCL but gave up after being on hold too long.
AS the cruise is currently not cancelled, you are reaching your final payment date. If you are paid in full at the time DCL cancels the cruise, you'll be offered the option of EITHER receiving back a full 100% refund OR a future cruise credit of 125%.

If you are not paid in full, you will only receive 100% of whatever money you have paid at the time of cancellation. If it's past the PIF date, and you haven't paid in full, your reservation is probably just outright cancelled with any penalties applied.

Sorry, but that cruise will not happen and I don't know why they haven't officially cancelled it yet. I live in Vancouver and our local gov't keeps saying there will be NO international travel in or out of BC this summer :(

Or this year. The way things are going in Canada with the vaccine roll out being incredibly slow I don't see the country opening at all this year. Even spring of 2022 is doubtful. Summer 2022? 50-50.

Or this year. The way things are going in Canada with the vaccine roll out being incredibly slow I don't see the country opening at all this year. Even spring of 2022 is doubtful. Summer 2022? 50-50.
I know. We had a 2 month group RV trip planned to the eastern provinces for last summer. It got moved to this summer. As of right now, it's still on. But I have my doubts. I just wish the tour company would make the call (that the trip is being moved to next year) and let us get on with things.

Just to summarize, that cruise will not happen this year and will be canceled, the Canadian government has closed all ports to cruise ships until February 2022. So you have 4 options:

1. Move the cruise reservation with your TA to another cruise. This will preserve your Onboard Booking discount (OBB) if you have one. You won't have to pay in full (PIF) now, but later on your rescheduled cruise.
2. Don't PIF and wait for the cruise to be canceled and receive a 100% refund. The money will be refunded to whatever form of payment you used (credit card, gift card, etc.).
3. PIF and wait for the cruise to be canceled. Then DCL will offer you a 100% refund or 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to be used on another cruise. You will get your taxes and port fees refunded, and maybe any travel insurance. Use your TA to either get refunded or apply the FCC to a new cruise.
4. Cancel the cruise BEFORE your PIF and get refunded everything except any travel insurance. Your TA will be able to guide you with this. If you cancel after your PIF date, you could lose some money, as there are penalties for canceling after PIF dates.

Hope that helps with your decision.

There may also be some glitches with the site (surprising, isn't it???). We had a cruise booked for June to Alaska that was cancelled - we've even received our refund already, yet the cruise is still showing up on our reservations list with a final payment due date....

I know. We had a 2 month group RV trip planned to the eastern provinces for last summer. It got moved to this summer. As of right now, it's still on. But I have my doubts. I just wish the tour company would make the call (that the trip is being moved to next year) and let us get on with things.

Chances are that will not happen. We're quite far behind on the vaccination plan, even behind where we were supposed to be, in Nova Scotia. People 80+ won't be getting their 2nd vaccine until July now.

I think the only thing that would change the status of the provincial borders is if the daily case count in Ontario and Quebec goes down. We're just about to re-open the Atlantic bubble though :cool1: At least you know that if one is open, they will all be open.

Chances are that will not happen. We're quite far behind on the vaccination plan, even behind where we were supposed to be, in Nova Scotia. People 80+ won't be getting their 2nd vaccine until July now.

No kidding. My entire family is in Nova Scotia and I would like to go "home" to visit this summer, but not if there is still a quarantine requirement. I keep telling my family to lobby their MLAs. Nova Scotia is dead last of all the provinces and territories on vaccinations, by a considerable margin, and nobody seems to care.

If Ontario was that far behind, it would be all over the news.

I think the only thing that would change the status of the provincial borders is if the daily case count in Ontario and Quebec goes down. We're just about to re-open the Atlantic bubble though :cool1: At least you know that if one is open, they will all be open.
Everything is so slow now...

Everything seems to keep being pushed back.

Everything is so slow now...

Everything seems to keep being pushed back.

Agreed. I think a lot is riding on vaccination deliveries...and now gathering data on the AstraZenica vaccine.
No kidding. My entire family is in Nova Scotia and I would like to go "home" to visit this summer, but not if there is still a quarantine requirement. I keep telling my family to lobby their MLAs. Nova Scotia is dead last of all the provinces and territories on vaccinations, by a considerable margin, and nobody seems to care.

If Ontario was that far behind, it would be all over the news.

The reason we're last is because we're getting less vaccines due to our low case count. There are zero free spots at any vaccination clinic. We care but we get that the quarantine is working for us, and our ability to open our borders really depends on how it's going elsewhere. On Saturday we had 4 cases -- all travelers and their contacts, already in quarantine. Ontario had 6000, so even if you're controlling for population we have it a lot easier than they do.

Agreed. I think a lot is riding on vaccination deliveries...and now gathering data on the AstraZenica vaccine.

The reason we're last is because we're getting less vaccines due to our low case count. There are zero free spots at any vaccination clinic. We care but we get that the quarantine is working for us, and our ability to open our borders really depends on how it's going elsewhere. On Saturday we had 4 cases -- all travelers and their contacts, already in quarantine. Ontario had 6000, so even if you're controlling for population we have it a lot easier than they do.
You're right; there are huge differences within Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter