• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canada Port Post Cruise Testing Options:

Mineu

DIS Veteran
Can we have a central thread somewhere for returning cruisers to post their experiences? Would love to know which options worked best:
1. Telemedicine testing via Wifi onboard the ship
2. Testing at the port-which I understand is across the street and not in the terminal.
3. Appointment at the airport testing center.

We have a tight timeline for flights after the cruise and need to streamline our plans.

Yes that’s where. For my sailing they had appointments starting at 8:30am.
I would have thought they would start earlier. What a mess if they have people showing up at the same place at 10:00 for the early PAT for the next cruise.

I think they are planning to move people through pretty quickly. You don’t have to stay for your results. Just test and go. I guess I will get to see firsthand how busy it gets soon.

Yes. Right now we are leaning towards the Wi-Fi option. We go early June.

Of course option 4 is US lifts test requirement for flying home.
Sadly option 4 will not be lifted anytime soon. Us/ US citizens might be in a very good position in regards to Covid but rest of the world if very bad or heading that way.

DCL is telling my TA we will be able to schedule testing for the day prior to getting off ship. Two times and two CMs told her this. They clearly have testing ability on the ship. I just don’t see where it’s offered for vax pax with no symptoms for flight to US. Why is this so hard for me to plan? Lol. I’ve literally quit worrying about testing positive. My anxiety is from just the added thing to do on travel day. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️I need to chill out.

DCL is telling my TA we will be able to schedule testing for the day prior to getting off ship. Two times and two CMs told her this. They clearly have testing ability on the ship. I just don’t see where it’s offered for vax pax with no symptoms for flight to US. Why is this so hard for me to plan? Lol. I’ve literally quit worrying about testing positive. My anxiety is from just the added thing to do on travel day. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️I need to chill out.
I would love this! But, I’ve called several times and they have not been able to confirm testing on the ship. I would think if this was a possibility it should be listed on the website to take away everyone’s stress. 😂

The first cruise that is returning to Vancouver arrives on Monday. Although that doesn't help the people departing to Alaska on Monday, I think everyone else will have plenty of time to figure out the best option that works for them.

I really would NOT expect to be able to test onboard. They do have testing capability - but I don't know that they have adequate testing supply or capacity to handle the number of passengers who conceivably might need testing for post-cruise travel. They haven't offered it onboard from US ports despite quite a few non-US passengers who needed it so I'd really be surprised if it was offered on the Vancouver-based cruises. Also, on another thread, someone shared that the testing process onboard for an unvaxxed child done on the day prior to debarkation apparently has nothing documented to use as proof.

Talked to DCL again today and the agent said that testing is not in the port but across the street and is $99 per person for the PCR and $43 for the antigen. Results take 45 minutes to an hour. Hoping to hear recent experiences from recent cruisers soon!

Talked to DCL again today and the agent said that testing is not in the port but across the street and is $99 per person for the PCR and $43 for the antigen. Results take 45 minutes to an hour. Hoping to hear recent experiences from recent cruisers soon!
That agent did not give you the correct info. I have the test booked for the Wonder sailing returning on 5/30. Booked through DCL Safe Passage and the antigen is $78.35 per person. I wish it was $43!

That agent did not give you the correct info. I have the test booked for the Wonder sailing returning on 5/30. Booked through DCL Safe Passage and the antigen is $78.35 per person. I wish it was $43!
Also, are prices in US$ or CDN$?

I just got back from Vancouver yesterday and these were the options we were given. I did the eMed. It was super easy. We used Abbott home rapid antigen tests.

Attachments

• PXL_20220514_232809047.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220514_232809047.MP.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 65

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter