Can you watch Fantasmic from Cafe Orleans?

hart6066

DIS Veteran
DH said he just saw on line that you can see Fantasmic while dining at Cafe Orleans? Is that possible? Which seats would you need for that? Just trying to figure out if this would be possible. Thanks!

I don't believe this is possible, they don't accept anymore people after 8 for dinner, but I know people do sit in there to eat their Gumbo Bowls.

The latest time I could get for dinner is 7:30--if they did let us hang out afterwards, is it in a spot where you could actually see the show? DH found 3 youtube videos saying to do it, so I'm just not sure if the issue is that now they don't take late reservations or if it's also just not possible to see anything from that location. Any ideas? Thanks!

I am not entirely sure but they close the kitchen down so you wouldn't be eatting while watching the show.

I don't think it has a great view, just trying to think about it. Since there are a lot of people standing in the area, I don't think it would be a good view, but I could be wrong. I am sure you could watch it there, but I don't think it would be the best way to view it, since there will be a lot of traffic in that area and everyone standing, hopefully someone can come and confirm, but I don't think it would be.

As Pearl said, it will not be a good view. There will be tons of people standing in front of you (some with kids on their shoulders - frustrating!), so even if you can catch a glimpse of the taller stuff happening on the island and can hear the music, I doubt you'll see much, if any, if the closer water stuff.

My family and I actually did this in March (our latest trip to DL). We had a dinner reservation for 7:45 and we had a nice dinner and ordered dessert. We had a table outside along the fence and when Fantasmic rolled around at 9:05 (I believe?) we asked our waiter if we could stay there, which he said we could. The just took away all of our dishes as they were closing up for the night and transferred our drinks into to-go cups; I don't think they can have glass outside when the lights go out. We could see most everything; couldn't see the crocodile or the eels though and I am not sure if they just weren't there. It was actually a really nice place to see everything as we weren't there for 3 hours before the show started and we weren't having to fight for space. We had a really nice, relaxing dinner beforehand and got a great show afterward.

One disclaimer that I think I should say is that my family and I are all very tall. DM is 5'10", DF is 6'4", DB is 6'8", and I am 5'11" so that might be something that you may need to take into account. My advice is that if you have little ones going with you (not sure as you didn't say in the post) seek somewhere else to see everything. If you and DH are looking for a nice place to relax and not have to fight with people, go for it.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter