Can you use Disney transport if you aren't staying in the resort?

ks050486

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if you can use Disney buses from the parks to Disney hotels if you are not staying in the resort? My brother and I are visiting by ourselves for the first time this year and neither of us are old enough to drive in the US yet, normally we've had our parents to drive us about so we're having to rely on buses etc. To cut a long story short.....we want to visit Downtown Disney on the same days we visit Disney parks (as we're staying on I-Drive so don't want to be to-ing and fro-ing that much lol!), I know there is no Disney transportation from the parks to Downtown Disney so is it possible to use the transport to one of the resort hotels and then go from there? Or do you have to show some sort of resort ID in order to use the transportation? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm already worrying about getting around Orlando without a car!!

We have never used a car yet and although it would be easier with one you can get to Downtown Disney without one. The easiest way we did it when not using the taxi was to get the bus from the I Drive to the TTC and then walk to the Polynesian (about 5 mins walk) and get the bus to Downtown from there, the same goes if you want to go to the water parks. If you want to go from one of the parks then just get a bus to a resort and then get a bus from there.

You don't have to be staying at a Disney resort to use the transportation. It's your Disney theme park ticket that entitles you to use the buses/monorail/boats, so have that ready just in case but I doubt if you'd be asked for it. :)

You'll have no problems, we've stayed offsite and used Disney transportation and never been asked for tickets etc.

yes you can best parks to get to DD would be if you are in epcot,you can walk out of the internatonal gateway and walk to the buss stop at the boardwalk hotel.MK use monorail to a hotel whichever it stops at first.AK buss to AKL,MGM any buss to boardwalk,Cribiean beach.The waterparks one gothere anyway at least the typhon lagoon one dose
Paulh

I know people who have used the disney transportation even though they aren't staying at a hotel on site. Personally, I'd get a bus to Port Orleans and then get the boat to Downtown disney.

or even better get a buss to sratoga springs resort get of at congress park and walk from buss stop 10 -15 min
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter