Can you use a kohls coupon with a gift card?

mjkacmom

DIS Veteran
I have a gift card that I've never used, because I always use my kohls credit card with a coupon.

I have been able to online. I always charge a few dollars but I'm not sure if that's necessary or not. I've never tried in-store but then again, I rarely shop in store any more. Usually to do returns or exchanges or store pickup.

I had a store credit that I wanted to use and the clerk told me that I had to put something on the charge to get the "Kohl's Charge % off", even if it was only $1.

What kind of coupon? A coupon that requires you to use a Kohl's charge? No. A regular coupon valid with any payment type? Yes.

Just did this in the store last week. You have to charge something on your credit card then they will allow the % off and you can use the gift card.

Thanks everyone - I decided just to charge it to my card and pick up in the store. My card is so old, I have to enter the numbers myself, and always forget to bring my reading glasses, so I will brave the customer service line. This is good information to know - I don't know many people who shop there without a discount, so the gift cards seemed to be a bum deal if you have a credit card.

What kind of coupon? A coupon that requires you to use a Kohl's charge? No. A regular coupon valid with any payment type? Yes.

This is not true as stated by many others. As long as you charge "something" to your card you can use a Kohl's Charge Card coupon even if paying primarily with a gift card.

This is not true as stated by many others. As long as you charge "something" to your card you can use a Kohl's Charge Card coupon even if paying primarily with a gift card.

According to my relative that works at Kohls, they are not supposed to allow that. The full amount is supposed to go on the Kohls Charge. So you may get lucky or you may be told you have to charge the full amount.

According to my relative that works at Kohls, they are not supposed to allow that. The full amount is supposed to go on the Kohls Charge. So you may get lucky or you may be told you have to charge the full amount.

Personally, I rarely shop AT Kohls but I've never had an issue online, obviously since a computer can't tell me yes or no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter