can you take ME only one way?

MumTo2Princesses

Mouseketeer
i dont remember seeing this posted-- can you take ME one way? since we have a later afternoon flight on our departure day i am considering taking ME from our resort to airport.

Yea you can take ME from your resort to MCO.

We are taking the Disney Cruise arriving a couple of days in advance and staying in Port Canaveral.

After the cruise we are at Wilderness Lodge. We're taking MDE from WL to the airport.

You just have to call your hotel and give them the flight information. We will not get luggage tags since we are fly Southwest, we just have to bring our luggage to the bus and we are off.

Hope it goes that smoothly.

Good luck

You are scheduled to leave for the airport going home about 3 hours before flight time.

It is important to be punctual. Sometimes it may take up to 45 additional minutes for the bellhop to retrieve luggage for you to take to the bus.

You should get bus return vouchers and a bus reservation time a day in advance if not sooner.

Yellow ME baggage tags are not applicable and not used on the homebound trip.

Disney Cruise Line land-sea guests who think they need to arrange unusual DCL transportation to or from WDW can usually purchase the normal DCL transportation plus reserve ME transportation connecting at Orlando Airport. (Between MCO and WDW resorts, ME guests, DCL guests, and Mears customers are mixed)

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

The vouchers we got with our DME luggage tags were scanned on the trip to WDW and were collected on the trip back to the airport. We didn't get new vouchers.

seashoreCM said:
You are scheduled to leave for the airport going home about 3 hours before flight time.

It is important to be punctual. Sometimes it may take up to 45 additional minutes for the bellhop to retrieve luggage for you to take to the bus.

You should get bus return vouchers and a bus reservation time a day in advance if not sooner.

Yellow ME baggage tags are not applicable and not used on the homebound trip./url]

Just to clarify, this dosen't match my information package.

From my DME information package: "On the day prior to check-out you will be notified of your specific motorcoach pick-up time and location from the resort. It will be approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight departure time".

The vouchers for the return trip are already in the booklet. There is no need to get a return voucher or a bus reservation. You also don't need luggage tags on the return trip but you can check in and even check your luggage at the resort if your airline participates.

I have also never waited more than 10 minutes for bellservices to get my luggage either from my room or from storage.

TJ

tjmw2727 said:
I have also never waited more than 10 minutes for bellservices to get my luggage either from my room or from storage.
TJ
I have. You're lucky you've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for your bags. I'm just trying to be helpful :cheer2: when I suggest that you shouldn't always count on that speediness in the future.

Saturday, May 14, Caribbean Beach Resort. We were doing express check out, so all we needed to do was leave. Our DME bus pick up time was 4:00 p.m. (6:45 p.m. flight). We wanted Bell Services to store our bags and we were going to be off to DTD. At 10:45 a.m., 15 minutes before check out time, we called Bell Services to pick up our luggage. The CM told us they were swamped, and that they wouldn't be able to be there for at least 45 minutes. It really didn't matter to us any, because they told us to leave our luggage just inside our room and that it would be picked up when they could get to it, and then stored for us.

We got back to CBR around 3:00 p.m. (darn that Disney Transport system being efficient and getting us back from DTD so quickly!!!), and waited for our 4:00 p.m. CBR bus. When I asked a Bell Services CM how far in advance I should request my luggage from storage, she told me 30 minutes. I asked for it at 3:30 p.m., and got it at 3:50 p.m.

I know this may not be a "typical" experience, but I usually operate under the "better safe than sorry" model.

-- Eric :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter