• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you switch your discounted room after offer expires?

MainMom

DIS Veteran
Will they still be in the system if you call and someone has canceled the discounted room? For example, if I have a discounted water view booked, but a standard discounted room is canceled can I switch it? Or does it go back into inventory as a regular priced room since the offer is technically expired?

I would call.

I agree that I would call as availability does sometimes change. Regular reservation CMs don't usually have access to expired promos, but guest services can usually check availability/modify a reservation that's booked with a discount even though that discount has expired.

I was wondering this too. We have a Free Dining package booked but have had some unexpected expenses have just come up. I would like to either move to a less expensive room category or move down from a moderate to a value. I have tried to "change reservation" in MDE. Either there truly is no availability or it just won't allow changes to be made. I do see that there are Deluxe packages in there that appear that they can be chosen but those are the super expensive options at like $20k. Has anyone been successful changing the hotel in an already booked free dining reservation?

Yes, I have done this a couple times, once with a room only discount and last year with the free dining discount. I was able to modify my resort even though the discount had expired.

Last year I was able to change the free dining resort online, but the time before that I needed to call and be transferred to guest services.

You probably are going to find low availability at this point, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I was wondering this too. We have a Free Dining package booked but have had some unexpected expenses have just come up. I would like to either move to a less expensive room category or move down from a moderate to a value. I have tried to "change reservation" in MDE. Either there truly is no availability or it just won't allow changes to be made. I do see that there are Deluxe packages in there that appear that they can be chosen but those are the super expensive options at like $20k. Has anyone been successful changing the hotel in an already booked free dining reservation?

We modified FD last year after the book by date, guest services did it for us.

Ok, I'll keep checking. I just thought it was a little weird that every time I check the same exact hotel options/prices are available. Seems there would be cancellations that would show up. Unless cancellations don't go back in the pool to be rebooked?

I tried calling reservations but the CM kept trying to get me to cancel my free dining reservation for another reservation with no discount at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter