Can you request a server in Palo?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
My parents just got off the Fantasy today, and I just got off the phone with my dad. They had dinner in Palo and were RAVING about their server. I'd like to put in a request for him if he's not on vacation and if it's possible.

Can you request a server in Palo just like you could for the MDR?

Yes you sure can, we requested a MDR server who had actually been moved to Palo so they made sure she was our server for brunch.

Yes you sure can, we requested a MDR server who had actually been moved to Palo so they made sure she was our server for brunch.

Awesome! I will put in my request tomorrow! :)

Truthfully, all the waiters in Palo are top notch, or they wouldn't be there.

There are some who are not as great as others. I have friends who had one female for dinner and they specifically requested with the head person to NOT have her at brunch. But just like people want to request MDR servers they or others have had, when you hear of fantastic service, there is nothing wrong with making the request.

Do you criticize everyone who asks about MDR server recs?

My parents just got off the Fantasy today, and I just got off the phone with my dad. They had dinner in Palo and were RAVING about their server. I'd like to put in a request for him if he's not on vacation and if it's possible.

Can you request a server in Palo just like you could for the MDR?

Yep, we did it on the dream a couple of months ago. We loved our dinner server so much we requested her again for brunch. It was not a problem at all. We made the request at the host/hostess stand the day before the brunch, so they had time to make sure we were at one of her tables.

There are some who are not as great as others. I have friends who had one female for dinner and they specifically requested with the head person to NOT have her at brunch. But just like people want to request MDR servers they or others have had, when you hear of fantastic service, there is nothing wrong with making the request.

Do you criticize everyone who asks about MDR server recs?

I wasn't criticizing anyone. We've had top-notch service in Palo without requesting any server. Bummer that your friend wasn't as lucky.

Unfortunately, I must disagree...Just off the Wonder and third Palo visit. Wow, was our server below par...maybe he was earning his ears...did kind of ruin a bit of the magic...but dinner was fantastic

Barb

Unfortunately, I must disagree...Just off the Wonder and third Palo visit. Wow, was our server below par...maybe he was earning his ears...did kind of ruin a bit of the magic...but dinner was fantastic

Barb

It was my understanding that only the best MDR waiters get promoted to Palo, and if they're extra wonderful they get to work in Remy. Did you report the poor service so the waiter could get more training?

It was my understanding that only the best MDR waiters get promoted to Palo, and if they're extra wonderful they get to work in Remy. Did you report the poor service so the waiter could get more training?

Yes, we did include our Palo experience on the comment card

Barb

Have to agree that our experience with our server in Palo this summer has put us off trying it again. It was our second cruise and our first visit to Palo, maybe I was expecting too much but I was seriously underwhelmed, especially when I saw the level if service he was giving other tables.

As the PP's have noted you certainly can request a server at Palo and they will do their best to honor it, but nothing is guaranteed.

We ate a Palo three times (1 Brunch, 2 dinners) on the Magic's 11/30 cruise and had excellent service each meal.

I'm not sure this is always the case. On my last Dream Cruise, our server in Remy was on his first contract with Disney, and for that matter on his first contract on any cruise ship. So, I'm not always sure that the servers in Palo and Remy are promoted from the MDR's.

I would absolutely recommend him, however, thought he did a great job.

I'm not sure this is always the case. On my last Dream Cruise, our server in Remy was on his first contract with Disney, and for that matter on his first contract on any cruise ship. So, I'm not always sure that the servers in Palo and Remy are promoted from the MDR's.

I would absolutely recommend him, however, thought he did a great job.

I wonder if he came from a background serving at a higher class restaurant before joining the cruiseline. I could see a server from a four or five star restaurant or even from one of WDW's signature restaurants being offered a position at Remy or Palo.

So I called today and the guy looked at the reservation and then put me on hold to talk with his supervisor. When he came back, he said they didn't have a way to do it over the phone in advance, but on boarding day I can go to Palo (or where they are doing dining changes) and put the request in.

(Also discovered that my request for a solo table in the MDRs had gotten coded request for an 8-top! :crazy2: So he recoded that for me - made it a 4-top. Something else to double check on embarkation day just to be sure. If I have to deal with 3 strangers, I will make it work. But 7??? That will be Cabanas or room service or seeing if I could get extra Palos all the way!)

Yes, we did a few years ago. I am sure it isn't guaranteed, but we got who we requested.

We actually had our MDR server from a previous voyage on the Dream see us enter Palo's on another ship (quite a while later) and request US! Really hope we get her again. We have never had less than excellent service there, but she was outstanding.

We just requested someone on the Wonder a couple weeks ago. I saw that the server we had on the Magic was on the Wonder so I called Palo and left a message.

We were just on the Wonder a few weeks ago. We had sailed in November and had Cipri for Palo who we loved so when we got on board in Vancouver we went to Palo and just requested him. They weren't open at the time but there was someone at the desk so we stuck our head in and asked. We ended up eating at Palo three times and he was our server each time. Palo is so small that you really don't need to request before you board. Just hit them up the first day!

We haven't had a "bad" server in Palo but after our last cruise, we did learn that they are not all created equal. Don't get me wrong, they've all been great but Andre on the Magic went above and beyond for dinner and brunch. He was absolutely fantastic. I'm hoping we have someone as great as him on the Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter