Can you pay Kohl's charge with gift cards?

kellia

DIS Veteran
I have a Kohl's gift card, but I haven't used it because I'll use my credit card so I can use a 30% off coupon with it. Can I pay my credit card with a gift card?

I have a Kohl's gift card, but I haven't used it because I'll use my credit card so I can use a 30% off coupon with it. Can I pay my credit card with a gift card?
It depends on where the card came from.

If it is a regular Kohl's GC, then the answer is NO. It's against corporate policy.

If it is a Kohl's GC from the Kohl's Cares for Kids fundraising program, then then answer is YES, but only if you make the payment at the store.

YMMV since the clerk at the register may not be aware of the differences.

https://cs.kohls.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/761/~/kohl's-charge-payments---gift-cards-or-kmc

Although you cannot make a payment using a Kohl's Gift Card or Kohl's Merchandise Credit, payments can be made at every Kohl's store using a check, cash, or money order. Payments can also be made using Kohl's Cares Gift Cards, which are Gift Cards sold by non-profit organizations as part of a fundraising program. Payments can also be made through our automated telephone system or online through My Kohl's Charge by using your bank routing number and checking account number.

Thank you for asking the question and thanks for the answers. I have often wondered the same thing. Especially when Kroger is doing their 4x fuel rewards points!

Well, at the store, to use your 30% off, you only have to pay a portion with your Kohl's card and you still get the discount. So next time, just have them apply $10 to your Kohl's card and pay the rest with the gift card, then there are no worries!! I've done it quite a bit. Only a portion has to be on your Kohl's card to use the 30% off!

Well, at the store, to use your 30% off, you only have to pay a portion with your Kohl's card and you still get the discount. So next time, just have them apply $10 to your Kohl's card and pay the rest with the gift card, then there are no worries!! I've done it quite a bit. Only a portion has to be on your Kohl's card to use the 30% off!

:thumbsup2Good to know!!

That is a great idea! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter