Can you order the Disney Dining Card with just an AP voucher?

mr.mike

DIS Veteran
My AP won't be activated until we get to Disney and was wondering how to get the card.

thanks

Yes, you just have to have the voucher showing that you've paid for the AP. In fact, it seems to me that's the only advantage of purchasing the vouchers ahead of time. Since you can't use them until they're activated by guest services (and NOT guest services in your hotel) you might as well just wait to purchase. :confused3 UNLESS of course you need to purchase the DDE card ahead of time, in which case you need the voucher.

Thanks that is good news.
Now I guess i should wait until a month before the vacation to order, right?
I assume they are only valid for a year from the time you order and im still a few months away from leaving.

I just received my AP voucher yesterday and was wondering how far in advance do I need to order the DDE. We leave for Dis on 5/11. If I order it the first week of April will I be okay?

You can order the DDE with just the voucher. As far as the dates, I called on Friday for my April trip and the CM told me that if I ordered the DDE Friday (3/1) it would expire 3/31/08. However she said the date changes on Tuesday, 3/5 to exprire on April 30, 2008 so I am obviously going to wait until Tuesday to order.

So for a May trip I would call in early April and see when the date changes so you can get the extra month in case you go back next year.

Oh and if you are worried about getting it in the mail in time the CM said I can pick up a temp card at Epcot. They say to allow 6 weeks for processing and delivery but in the past mine has come much quicker and I didn't have to get the temp card.

HTH
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter