Can you, has anyone, shipped anything to their hotel prior to arrival?

CatOne

Mouseketeer
I wanted to send down a box with some things for my dd's Christmas BEFORE we get to the resort. I don't want her to see it. Has anyone done this and can you give me some advice on how to go about doing this. Thanks for any and all help!

CatOne

Hi CatOne,

We do this every time we go down! We'll usually ship some dry goods (snacks for the kids) juice boxes, etc. Last year, we went to the Poly for Christmas and I mailed a package down with all the kids stocking stuff and some small presents. Just contact the resort you're staying at and they'll let you know the right address to ship it to. They'll usually have you send it to:
Resort Name
ATTN: (Name on Reservation) Arrival Date:(...)
and the proper address.

We send our stuff out UPS so I can track it up until the time we leave. The package usually arrives a day before us and they'll hold it till we check in!
Hope that helps!

Tracy

I tried to ship a piano once but they returned it c.o.d. I shipped my kids last year and they were accepted...We visit them at IASW every trip...;)

A few years ago I shipped about 9-10 boxes down for Christmas to Fort Wilderness. No problems....I got there, there was a note that said they were there and I parked around back of the check in cabin and a nice young guy put them into the car. NO PROBLEM! Just make sure they are clearly labeled. I put bright red labels on mine!

AWESOME!! Thank you so much for the help! I am planning to ship Christmas stuff and some goodies!! I have one more question, with it being the holidays how far in advance do you usually ship to be sure it reaches the resort before you but not so long that they begin to wonder if you are actually going to show up to claim your boxes? :-) Thanks again!! You all are great!!!

CatOne

I would give your packages about 5-7 working days to ship from Virginia if you are using UPS....add a day or two if you are going the week before Christmas through New Years. I would check with the Post Office if you are using them...not sure about their shipping schedules.

Oooh...I almost forgot...some resorts MAY charge you a fee (usually $5-$10 per box) to accept freight. I didn't pay anything but some of the hotels (like the Contemporary) where they have conventions on a regular basis are very used to charging for package delivery.

Cat,
I work for UPS. It is guaranteed to be in Disney in 2 Business Days from Virginia shipping regular ground service. The service is very dependable and you can track it all along the way to disney. I have never heard of Disney charging to accept packages. They might charge if items are being shipped for a convention. I have shipped packages to myself two times to PO and it works out very well. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter