Can you get your CS meals to go at the food courts?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I would like to know if you can get your meal wrapped up or in those syrofoam containers. Will they give you a bag to hold multiple meals?

Has anyone done this? I'm trying to do this at Pepper Market or POP Century.

Yup, you can get it all packed to go. You can also do that at counter service places in the parks. We took food from Morocco and JApan back to our rooms last trip.

I was wondering the same thing, good to know you can get it to-go!

I'll definitely be doing that this upcoming trip! :goodvibes

Yup, you can get it all packed to go. You can also do that at counter service places in the parks. We took food from Morocco and JApan back to our rooms last trip.

I called a dining CM and I couldn't get this answer.

Some places use styrofoam containers, while others have plastic lids that fit over the plate.

If you are planning on getting takeout, I'd recommend carrying around a rolled up plastic bag with you (I roll one tight and secure with an elastic and keep it in my camera bag).

Some places have plastic bags and some don't - if you are trying to carry a couple (or even a few) meals including bottled drinks and/or desserts, you'll appreciate a bag to carry it all.

Ooo, this sounds wonderful. I want to try the Tangierine Cafe in Morroco, but DH wants to eat Mexican. (Can't understand why...we eat it all the time as we are a Latin family - and it probably won't even taste good). So having said that I would like to get my plate to go!

And on that note....how is the Mexican Counter Service Food? Is it "authentic" or "american"?

I was able to get the CS at the food court to go - I do know that at TS restaurants lately because they are not set up for "to go" you have to have reservations to box up your food - but they can and do box up your "left overs" -

And on that note....how is the Mexican Counter Service Food? Is it "authentic" or "american"?

IMO, it's about as Americanized as you can get. The food inside at the full-service San Angel Inn is much better. If you can get good Mexican food at home I'd skip it at WDW. We love good Mexican food but we don't ever go to the Cantina.

Morrocco now...that's some yummy counter service food!

Definitely skip the food in Mexico. If you eat those kind of meals all the time, you will be really disappointed!!! The atmosphere is great but it stops there... My husband begged to eat there on our last trip and it was horrible!!! His family is from Mexico and half of mine are too... I have no idea why he thought it would be remotely close to anything we eat when they cook! Plus, we are from Texas... every other building here is a Mexican restaurant or taco stand... Never again will we eat there... For now on we'll browse the market and watch the mariachis outside.

Definitely skip the food in Mexico. If you eat those kind of meals all the time, you will be really disappointed!!! The atmosphere is great but it stops there... My husband begged to eat there on our last trip and it was horrible!!! His family is from Mexico and half of mine are too... I have no idea why he thought it would be remotely close to anything we eat when they cook! Plus, we are from Texas... every other building here is a Mexican restaurant or taco stand... Never again will we eat there... For now on we'll browse the market and watch the mariachis outside.

Ha ha:laughing:. I guess we won't eat there....but we'll see how the hubby does. We live in SoCal and we have taco shops and mexican restaurants everywhere....but it is never the same "homemade". thanks everyone for the helpful tips! "Fiesta time to you....":flower3:

We often did take out from Pepper Market. When you order and hand your card over for stamping, just let them know you want it to go and they'll pack it appropriately

We often did take out from Pepper Market. When you order and hand your card over for stamping, just let them know you want it to go and they'll pack it appropriately

Thanks. We are having our last meal there. I'll probably use my to go credits here instead of POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter