Can you get connecting rooms at Pop Century?

BC

DIS Veteran
I am booked at the AKL and BWI for December, but I swear the more I read about Pop, the more I want to try it. I mean I could save over $150 per night if my gang were willing to try it, and that is with 2 rooms at Pop instead of 1 at the BWI. I was just wondering if they offer connecting rooms and also if you are lucky enough to get a pool view room, is there somewhere on the balcony to sit and watch the crowd or do you just watch from your room window? Any info is appreciated!

i was in lady building, my room number is 1270 which is a connecting room with refrigerator since this is handicap room, i love the room...
it is also facing the pool. during hurricane frances, many people brought their chair out, and watched the hurricane in the corridor outside the room

room layout, and that's what we did at AllStars...connecting rooms - the king size is an accessible room - and had the double connecting.

2 bathrooms = Excellent:)

There aren't any balconies at the values...the room doors open right outside to the walkways.

I'd just go on down to the pool, grab a lounge, and relax!!

Have fun!!
:sunny:

Originally posted by BC
I am booked at the AKL and BWI for December, but I swear the more I read about Pop, the more I want to try it. I mean I could save over $150 per night if my gang were willing to try it, and that is with 2 rooms at Pop instead of 1 at the BWI. I was just wondering if they offer connecting rooms and also if you are lucky enough to get a pool view room, is there somewhere on the balcony to sit and watch the crowd or do you just watch from your room window? Any info is appreciated!

Pop Century was built with families wanting to do this in mind, and as such, 50% of our rooms are connecting. Most are double to double, but there are a bunch that are king to double.

I totally understand the differences between these resorts, but just wondered what the general concensus is from people that normally stay deluxe that had tried Pop. Also, Tyler, I asked you a question of the transportation board if you get a chance to take a look, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

My son and I went with our next door neighbor and her son and we had no trouble getting connecting rooms. I have stayed at many Disney properties and I was highly impressed with Pop - my 12 year old thought it was awesome - he loved the game room the best of all resorts - can't beat the price!!

We stayed at Pop one night and liked it. Our friends decided to stay there at the very last minute and we were given a connecting room (handicapped accessible, King + double) even after I told CRO it wasn't really necessary. It did turn out to be very convenient, and we were happy it worked out that way.

The food court seemed decent quality, the store was big, CMs were nice, and it seemed like a fun place to be. It doesn't have the decor or amenities of a moderate or deluxe, but there's sure a big benefit in having 2 bathrooms and privacy for the adults.

Originally posted by BC
I totally understand the differences between these resorts, but just wondered what the general concensus is from people that normally stay deluxe that had tried Pop. Also, Tyler, I asked you a question of the transportation board if you get a chance to take a look, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

As long as the folks realize the difference in amenities and room size between the two classifications, most people that I have spoken to have been happy with Pop, enjoyed thier stay, and feel that it was a good value. They still may prefer the deluxe resort for room size and amenities, but they still enjoyed Pop. Of course, everyones experience will be different.

We had connecting double-king there.

I am one who did not enjoy the stay, and we will not be back. The resort itself is nice enough, but the noise levels were too much. No one in our party got any sleep the two nights we were there, and lack of sleep is not worth ANY amount of money saved.

But others have not had that issue, I know, on the boards. Just know that the walls are paperthin, you will hear the alarm next door and even the conversations next door, and anyone passing outside your room. Plus they have scary toilets LOL =)

Other than that, the accomodations were fine, pools were nice, clean, cute decor, etc. We have just realized we need something more than value just for the quietness.

You could always do a split stay! And check out both! Good luck in whatever you decide ;)

tyler- we just got home 9/4. stayed at the asmusic. we have stayed here at least 5 - 6 other times, 1 time at the movies-last summer. well i wish now we had stayed at POP or the movies. the music has really changed. we had fun, but we had alot of small things happening. also, they closed the nice part of the food court, where you get the steak, pork loin dinners, etc. we found out with like 2 days left of vacation that it was OPEN at the movies. i told front desk, if we had known we would of stayed there. we had ALOT of people comp.about the food court. like i said we still had fun, but i think its def. dif. than other years. oh yeah , they also over charged us ALMOST $100.00 DOLLARS on our bill. i have been on the phone now almost a WEEK trying to get it fixed, i will call again tmw. THe charge is still not credited to my charge. not to sound wimpy??, like i said it was a WHOLE NEW STAY this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter