Can you get carry-out from a TS at Disney?

Minnie Lor

<font color=darkorchid>I feel that same comaraderi
Every so often we get carry-out from different local restaurants. Can you do that at Disney?

I ask because I would love to get just a cup of soup from LeCellier to go. And I'd love to get an adult milkshake from Sci-Fi without doing a sit-down or ordering something to go along with it.

Has anyone done this?

TIA

None of the WDW Table Service locations are set up for carry-out. So to get anything served you must be seated.

That said, there is nothing that requires you to purchase a full meal once you are seated. Also, they do have styrofoam boxes at all the non-buffet eateries where they will pack up what you have been unable to finish.

I *think that I've read that you can get a milkshake from Sci-Fi to go, maybe from the bar? Double check that, though. I've not personally done it but I remember that I wanted to try a shake but didn't want to eat there.

You can get a shake at the bar next to the 50's Prime Time Cafe. We have done this on more than one occasion. They also have some of the same menu items as the restaurant.

Not sure on how you could get the soup though, unless it is time for the F&W fest.

We had the dining plan a few years ago and it was too much food to eat. Most all our desserts we just said, please don't even bring them to the table, pack them to go and we ate them later. We also frequently took other containers out of food we just couldn't eat. Its not quite the same as a complete take out, but they do have containers to pack up things to go. We're hoping its the same this year because we'll be free dining again in Sept.

I have occasionally seen takeout orders done at resort restaurants, but it depends on how busy the restaurant is at the time. Mostly I've seen it done when there were conventions around by solo diners - maybe some people didn't feel comfortable dining in the restaurant alone (I've never felt awkward that way though) and felt room service as a solo was a security issue. :confused3 I've never seen it done at a park restaurant - I'm guessing they figure that you wouldn't have anywhere to "go" with a to-go order.

I've been able to walk up to the hostess station at Le Cellier and get a cup of their soup to go a couple of times.

Last time I tried, however, they were swamped and said they were unable to do it. So I guess it depends on when you go.

None of the restaurants are equipped for carryout. Asking a place to box up your stuff to go while you are dining there is TOTALLY different than walking up to the podium ,not getting a table and asking for an order.None of the disney places do it and if they have it is pixie dust , not policy. Le cellier may have allowed it for the soup( and the PP is the only person I have heard ok'd to do it), but mostly they do not.I tried on my trips and was told they do not do carryout, as have several other poste

June 10th, I was leaving the O Canada show and there was the entrance to Le Cellier....there was a few older ladies eating soup and pretzel bread from LC.....the CM let them purchase it "TO GO" and they were really enjoying themselves...I wish I had know that earlier I would have bought myself some too!

If they do, it isn't policy. You could be allowed to purchase that cheese soup to go or not be allowed to purchase it. It is going to depend entirely on when you ask and who you ask, so you should not base your plans on being able to get carryout.

At the food courts I have done this before with burgers. But never even thought of it in the park.

I was thinking about getting the soup and pretzel bread to go on our trip as I could not get an ADR for Le Cellier. When I called to change an ADR I asked the CM if you could get to go from there. She put me on hold to check and came back and said that they do not allow that. I was bummed because I was hoping I could try the soup & bread.

But now that I have read here that people have seen others getting it from time to time I am going to give it a try. It never hurts to ask right? :goodvibes

We stayed at Beach Club and ordered take out from the Big River Grill at the Boardwalk.....we just called and ordered and picked up...but I do believe that they are not Disney owned because I was told last month that Disney Dining could not make ADRs for them and was given a direct number.

Ruby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter